What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 584 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
The Roma fans ive spoken to are very happy with them.

"Unpopular opinion here: I am satisfied with the Friedkins. They definitely have a plan to succeed, they already brought huge names to Roma since day 1 - names which we were only dreaming about before - and they pretty rational and consistent which is definitely stg. in the world of football in Italy."

"Is it even in question?
Despite the january 2024 mess, if we look at the decisions they made, it's pretty clear they have a plan.

-won a trophy after 14 years

-2 european finals

-kept the club balance in line with the FFP parameters

-are proceeding with the project for the stadium, keeping the deadline in 2027 (for the centenary)

Pallotta produced Roma-Barça and the only other notable achievement was reaching UCL football fairly consistenly.
I believe the friedkins know exactly what to do and when to do it, MAYBE the last month was a bit messy, but roma is in a good place moving forward"
Their circumstances are completely different to ours BTW.

There is that small matter.

Let's see how far down the pecking order we are. I think that Roma shadow will be a source of contention right from the off and it'll never not be an issue.

Just wait until we see players of ours sold and not adequately replaced. Just wait and see when Roma buy a big player.

This is a recipe for a disaster.

We all know it too.

Friedkin will be about as popular as a fart in a space suit in very short order.

Let's see how far down the pecking order we are. I think that Roma shadow will be a source of contention right from the off and it'll never not be an issue.

Just wait until we see players of ours sold and not adequately replaced. Just wait and see when Roma buy a big player.

We all know it too.

Friedkin will be about as popular as a fart in a space suit in very short order.
Dave, you really really don’t have to be contradictory all the time you know?

We all know it too.

I honestly wont care what Roma do as long as Everton improves.

And I doubt most fans will.

Of course if we cant kick on, then the issues will arise, but currently its based on conjecture and has no real basis of how any multi-club ownership as been so far.

Again, nobody is spending 2 billion on 2 football clubs only to allow 1 of them to wilt and die.

But feel free to keep shouting at the clouds.

The club and everything associated with it will be theirs. They'll make sure they're not over-exposed by their association with Everton and they'll sell this club maybe half a decade down the line maybe more for a profit. That's if it all goes well.

We required a Newcastle takeover here at this club. A real game changer. All we're doing with Friedkin is handing a poor situation over to people who believe they can make a short term impact and get out without being burned AND feed off the cultural capital they'll acre by owning a soccerball club in the richest and most media covered league on the globe.

You and others tipping their hat to this deal are revealing just how low we've fallen in the last few decades. We're better than a deal like this. It's just crisis management - and it comes also with a side order of dilution of identity.

That''s not how it works mate. You must wear that hair shirt. You very much earned it....and now you seem to believe you can champion the next spiv through the door and gaslight me.

As said: you've let your old Sensei down here.

Arab business leaders don't run and ruin the world. There's no comparison.
Problem is did we even have a similar group like newcastle in for the club msp downing bell ect all not groups with money this group have now. For me this guy looks like he keeps quiet lets the professional people get on with the work by putting the right people in place. Not like the clowns we have had like we will get a striker or claims being the biggest blue. Is time the club is run like a proper club, if they do sell the club in 10 years or whatever you say and yhe club is in a better place then fantastic maybe we can get more wealthy owners. We go into this deal with hope they can deliver a better future. I would try be positive if i was you honestly the crap this whole fanbase has had like last 3 years we deserve just to enjoy the football on the pitch not psr or other troubles

We all know it too.

bed

We all know it too.

In fairness i'd wager he would probably like a top flight PL side than a seria A side. I think he'll give this a real go and would not be surprised if we're not first in his pecking order.

They hired a superstar manager...and sacked him; and they hired and fired 3 CEOs in 4 years.

Not exactly the stable environment you portray, at least on the playing side.

As for them taking a club with potential: the previous American owners did the hard yards on that. They were the ones who got Roma back into the conversation as a top Italian club by getting tope 2 or 3 finishes and CL football. They were the ones pursuing the dream of a new stadium. Friedkin's time at Roma has seen no major step forward on the pitch in terms of league placing and they've hot the buffers in terms of stadium development.
They hired Berardi and then Souloukou. 2 CEOs. Perhaps your're counting Thiago Pinto, who wasn't a CEO.

Mourinho was overall a bad choice, but has lasted 2,5 years. They kept Fonseca, who hadn't been chosen by them, for an entire season, their first.

Pallotta did a great job until 2017-2018, then it took him just 2 years of bad decisions to ruin almost everything.

You're absolutely right regarding league placing, and it's what they working on. As for the stadium, they have canceled Pallotta's project (Tor di Valle), which couldn't progress anymore and started off from scratch with a new location (Pietralata). As of now, thry're close to where Pallotta's project stopped.

They hired Berardi and then Souloukou. 2 CEOs. Perhaps your're counting Thiago Pinto, who wasn't a CEO.

Mourinho was overall a bad choice, but has lasted 2,5 years. They kept Fonseca, who hadn't been chosen by them, for an entire season, their first.

Pallotta did a great job until 2017-2018, then it took him just 2 years of bad decisions to ruin almost everything.

You're absolutely right regarding league placing, and it's what they working on. As for the stadium, they have canceled Pallotta's project (Tor di Valle), which couldn't progress anymore and started off from scratch with a new location (Pietralata). As of now, thry're close to where Pallotta's project stopped.
Please keep correcting him, it’s so much fun

I was reading yesterday that the change in location was due to arachnological concerns with the site. Is that right @AS Roma_fan?

With financing proposed through Bank of America and another party. I would say 2028 is not going to be achievable. It took EFC 5 years and that was with a 1 year delay due to COVID (causing supply chain issues etc). Plus almost a year of site preparation work filling in the dock. Also the EFC cost ballooned from £505m to > £760m

If he can reduce the debt, bring increased sponsorship deals with American connections and above all else, bring stability to the club in the short term, I think he’ll have done well. After that huge decisions need to taken regarding the manager, a DOF and investment in the playing squad to make us really competitive will be more difficult in the long term.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back