What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
The club website used the corner flag picture so this is serious.
I think you’ll find that’s John Spellman, poor fella gets no kudos.

IMG_1153.webp

The day the Kenwright/Moshiri era ends will be a day to celebrate. These clueless dreamers have dragged us through the mire.

Cautiously excited to see what these Friedkins can bring. Noises coming out of Roma are generally very positive.

This is surely the turning point for the better we have all been waiting for.

The thing that calms me about this group is what they have done with Roma though they had a few initial mistakes they changed things and it's looking brighter at Roma now, I'm sure they learnt a lot from the four years so far owning Roma that they should know how to improve Everton going forward

No. It's that I KNOW it'll fail. Unfortunately this is one of the worst bids we had.

I'd even have gone with Bell and Downing to avoid this Friedkin deal.

That;s because to me identity is number one priority in supporting Everton. If we become a multi-club owned entity we lose our particularity to a great degree.

I wont stand for that - AT ALL.
What is our identity? Our identity has seen Duncan Ferguson being head coach for years, Jose Baxter, Francis Jeffers among other former players given jobs at the club just because they are former players, and you have campaigned against the jobs for the boys culture at the club. We can either continue being run as a nice guy family club and forever more drift between 7th and 17th (hopefully no lower) or get someone in who'll run us as a business cut lose anyone stealing a wage from the club, get us into profit with the new ground and sponsorship it will generate that is possible, if we stick with identity we'll have the EITC ground bringing no money into the club, go the business route and we could have the "yee ha Toyota bowl" for 35 million a year...

You think internet forums aren't substantive?

Celtic have nothing to do with me.

You think Friedkin isn't going to use the stadium as the basis for a long term loan to the club (with interest) to pay down debts owed? You're living in a dream world. This deal is just swapping a lot of debtors for one single bundled up deb we'd owe TFG.

What, a fan determined to paint the best possible picture of their own club? That's never happened before has it?

This takeover isn't in that universe. It's a swap of faces we owe money to. Period. Don't expect a lot of spending on Everton, no matter what they initially dod at Roma...and aren't doing now, btw.

You think we should hand them time to prove how bad they are before we critique them? I say that approach allowed Moshiri to get away with murder here for years more than he should have been able to.

I'm opposed to this lot form the off. The deal financially looks like we get nothing other than a debt secured and stabilised. That's it. The stadium will be completed because off it. I expect no changes to our paupers existence on-field. And the big clincher for me is that for the privilege of all that we have to swallow being part of a chain of football clubs and other 'leisure interests' in the TFG portfolio. What a way for a 146 year institution to end up....and many of our supporters are desperate for it!

FFS, you could't make this up, especially after the Moshiri disaster.

30 years is the blink of an eye. We've been going for 146 years.

If you think we're a laughing stock then you might have the wrong club. I support Everton through all the vagaries and I won't be grateful for a change of name that we owe debts to...which is effectively what this deal amounts to.
Who’s changing our name? Were we known as Littlewoods when Moores had us?

Our identity has been diluted and dissolved in those 30 years, it doesn’t exist anymore, that version of Everton doesn’t exist anymore.

We also owe massive debts now. Part of the 777 stipulations were to pay off debt, TFG are going to have to meet that stipulation as well. If anything, our debt is going to decrease and become manageable.

What are people’s reactions when you tell them you support Everton? Believe me, we’re a laughing stock to anyone outside of our supporters.

Also, you still haven’t told me what you think our identity is.

The day the Kenwright/Moshiri era ends will be a day to celebrate. These clueless dreamers have dragged us through the mire.

Cautiously excited to see what these Friedkins can bring. Noises coming out of Roma are generally very positive.

This is surely the turning point for the better we have all been waiting for.
Apart from the Curva Sud who hung a banner at Roma's ground when the taps were turned off and only free and loans were coming through from Friedkin saying: “President low cost, we’ll give you a kicking, do you understand?

Who’s changing our name? Were we known as Littlewoods when Moores had us?

Our identity has been diluted and dissolved in those 30 years, it doesn’t exist anymore, that version of Everton doesn’t exist anymore.

We also owe massive debts now. Part of the 777 stipulations were to pay off debt, TFG are going to have to meet that stipulation as well. If anything, our debt is going to decrease and become manageable.

What are people’s reactions when you tell them you support Everton? Believe me, we’re a laughing stock to anyone outside of our supporters.

Also, you still haven’t told me what you think our identity is.
Because he doesn’t know. Identity is just another buzz word for him to use to try and sound like he actually has a valid point.

Apart from the Curva Sud who hung a banner at Roma's ground when the taps were turned off and only free and loans were coming through from Friedkin saying: “President low cost, we’ll give you a kicking, do you understand?
They’ve gone from being in the mud financially to turning a profit & making cup finals, I’m sure that’s a minority of fans who hold that view, many Roma fans on podcasts I’ve watched recently are happy with the job they have done

They’ve gone from being in the mud financially to turning a profit & making cup finals, I’m sure that’s a minority of fans who hold that view, many Roma fans on podcasts I’ve watched recently are happy with the job they have done
They also spent well over £100m just 3 seasons ago and then had a couple of seasons not spending loads. They have finished 6th in all 3 of those seasons. So it’s hardly hampered them.

It comes down to how players value is written down mate.

Both clubs will write down the £10m values at 2m a season or 40k p/w. And we get the 10m straight into the balance sheet and profit and loss account (which is what PSR is based on).

So it's effectively almost 10m immediate profit.

It's a smart bit of accounting. Smarter than anything Moshiri did in 7 years.
This is the smart way to stick PSR up the PL bum

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back