What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
I would imagine stick with him. If they see he is doing a safe job and takes us into BM as a premier league outfit and the majority of fans are behind him can't see them rocking the boat too soon
Agreed.
There will be enough immediate work required in the administration/running of the club to start with. I don't think they'll risk upheaval for the playing side of things for a while.

We have no other option than to see how this rolls out now. But we should all start out as being very sceptical.

It's like the last 8 years of turmoil never happened and most people here think there's every chance that this takeover will set us right. The overwhelming chances though are that it won't.

We needed a massive step change to get us out of the position we're in. This isn't it.
What step change would you say was needed? Something to more preserve our 'identity'?

You know what mate, identities can and do change. City's identity is totally different now from two or three decades ago, see also Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. For better or worse? I suppose it depends on your viewpoint. Ours is on the cusp of the biggest identity change in the history of the club with BMD.

Will these fellas be better than a couple of 'good blues' with a few bob? I haven't got a clue. And you're spot on about having a degree of scepticism about them. Our club, like many others, is now a billionaires plaything, or investment vehicle, call it what you will. Regardless, they will need to effect change to become more competitive, because we're now way behind the curve in many aspects, not least of all actually on the pitch.

Football itself has changed massively, and unless, and until, footy goes back to being 92 teams kicking off at 3pm every Saturday, and/or a more equitable distribution of finances, this is it, we simply have to embrace it, as kack as that is.

I'm going to be a shareholder in due course. Why I think me and you are diverging in our views.

Accountability @Goat needed now more than ever at Everton

Drive performance everywhere at the club
I'm glad you said "in due course", and it isn't a matter of how many you intend to buy, is it?

They're not sold on the open market and only by private arrangement or auction.

There may not even be any for sale - apart from Moshiri's 94.1% - as I once heard them described as being as hard to get as a golden ticket in Willy Wonka.

And they're priced at upwards of 3500 pounds, but I suppose you know that.

I don't care about Roma.

But people are kidding themselves here if they believe that stadium has been 'saved' from outsiders. TFG are the outsiders now in our scenario and they'll own that stadium lock stock and barrel. Anyone who believes other wise and that this isn't their objective need to give their heads a wobble.

These people are rapacious asset strippers. I have no idea how they see their flagship Roma, but I'm pretty certain when the nuts and bolts of this deal are revealed in a few weeks/months time we'll see the reality of a stadium passing into the hands of TFG.
Surely it's time for another sabbatical.

Are you going to be banging this drum until the day they eventually leave Everton?

No. It's that I KNOW it'll fail. Unfortunately this is one of the worst bids we had.

I'd even have gone with Bell and Downing to avoid this Friedkin deal.

That;s because to me identity is number one priority in supporting Everton. If we become a multi-club owned entity we lose our particularity to a great degree.

I wont stand for that - AT ALL.
You are the most hyperbolic human being to ever exist one of the worst bids? when we just suffered over a year dealing with clear grifters who never had the means to acquire the club. It seems they have respected the history of roma , why wouldn't they do the same here? Unlike moshiri they actually seem to do their research when acquiring clubs and know the game. It would be a disservice to even them to disregard the identity of Everton and they appear to take in consideration even though their ultimately businessmen that the best way of profiting overall is laying down long term foundations and connecting with the club they own. Your tantrums are growing tiresome

I have absolutely no idea how this will go

I smelt a rat with 777 instantly

Hopefully this lot aren't as bad as those charlatans
None of us know how it will go, however I am cautiously more optimistic about our new potential owners than I ever was with 777 and the like.

While 777 were involved in football, it feels as if these have a greater interest and experience in football as it should be, and the talk from Roma is positive.

Outside of football, they've built a successful and diverse business over many years, again rather than the likes of 777 who were charlatan private investors.

There is a long way to go, and they're obviously not perfect, but right now I do not have the level of concern I've previously had.

None of us know how it will go, however I am cautiously more optimistic about our new potential owners than I ever was with 777 and the like.

While 777 were involved in football, it feels as if these have a greater interest and experience in football as it should be, and the talk from Roma is positive.

Outside of football, they've built a successful and diverse business over many years, again rather than the likes of 777 who were charlatan private investors.

There is a long way to go, and they're obviously not perfect, but right now I do not have the level of concern I've previously had.
I agree Phil.

777 felt very wrong this " feels" a better fit but apart from Davek , who knows?

The group have the money, experience and business acumen so the portents are decent.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back