What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
I get that. I really do. I've said in the last few months that those who believed we'd go into administration were a disgrace and their talking down of Everton was a helping our enemies in the media.

But those of us - and there are many - who question us being subsumed in this multi-club set up are not spreading negativity. It's highlighting a massive problem for us as a club of great heritage.

There's nothing wrong with flagging up danger from corporate owners. Maybe if we'd done that with Moshiri early enough and not handed a blank cheque to 'the mosh' we wouldn't be in this position right now.

Stay vigilant and question EVERYTHING these suits promise.

I intend to. I don't need you Dave "Randy Lerner" K to tell me that

No. It's that I KNOW it'll fail. Unfortunately this is one of the worst bids we had.

I'd even have gone with Bell and Downing to avoid this Friedkin deal.

That;s because to me identity is number one priority in supporting Everton. If we become a multi-club owned entity we lose our particularity to a great degree.

I wont stand for that - AT ALL.
Apologies if it comes off bad m8, but doesn't Celtic effect you're Everton Identity and give you a Multi-Club Support..

They hired a superstar manager...and sacked him; and they hired and fired 3 CEOs in 4 years.

Not exactly the stable environment you portray, at least on the playing side.

As for them taking a club with potential: the previous American owners did the hard yards on that. They were the ones who got Roma back into the conversation as a top Italian club by getting tope 2 or 3 finishes and CL football. They were the ones pursuing the dream of a new stadium. Friedkin's time at Roma has seen no major step forward on the pitch in terms of league placing and they've hot the buffers in terms of stadium development.
No offence Dave but I'd take onboard alot more of what a Roma fan has to say about Roma than an Everton fan as I would if it were visa versa

wonder if they will stick with dyche or look to replace him
Will stick with him for now just not enough time to replace him at this time. Also imo the finish to the season he had deserves more time but if we go on that winless run again maybe not. Is the same as thelwell both will have to have a sit down with the new on

When they bought Roma, they bought...potential.

Nothing else. We don't own a stadium. When they arrived they canceled the old project and started off again, from scratch, finding another location.

We own our training ground. Good asset, since it's modern and well-equipped. They expanded it nonetheless. They spent millions just to further expand it.

They bought many passionate fans, a training ground, some trademarks, a very good youth sector, a lot of debt and a roaster of players that wasn't particularly valuable. And of course, a unique location and name. Potential.

I don't think this is what a rapacious asset stripper would do.

Imho, they favour planning and gradual development over improvisation and short-term strategies aimed at making a quick profit. Of course they're not doing it just for fun, of course they want to build a stadium, but they're more like old-fashioned enterpreneurs who see potential in something, buy that something and try to develop it. Otherwise they wouldn't have bought Roma. Almost 1 billion of investments in 4 years. They'd be crazy if they thought they could make
a quick profit after spending almost 1 billion in 4 years. You spend 1 billion when what you care about is long-term development.

I'm sure this can also be applied to Everton.
Whatever happens to the purchase, hope you continue posting on GOT.

I much appreciate your calm, detail oriented posts especially given some of the provocative posts you are replying to.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back