What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 583 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
No. It's that I KNOW it'll fail. Unfortunately this is one of the worst bids we had.

I'd even have gone with Bell and Downing to avoid this Friedkin deal.

That;s because to me identity is number one priority in supporting Everton. If we become a multi-club owned entity we lose our particularity to a great degree.

I wont stand for that - AT ALL.
What is our identity? Seriously, tell us.

Because to me our identity is being a successful and well respected club throughout the game. We’ve been neither of them for nearly 30 years.

This club has no identity anymore apart from being a laughing stock.

Is it morals? If so look where the good guy angle has got us…..trailing the pack and being absolute push overs. We accepted a 6pt deduction like a Xmas present for crying out loud.

I haven’t identified with this club for a long a time and I suspect that goes for a lot of people on here.

This one is bet you must place against yourself grasshopper

Bet on success and if fail, can never complain

Bet on failure and if success, can never truly celebrate

*maybe just intermittently slag off the yanks in a non specific sort of way
Right. I'm going for option 1 ....& 3 coz I know I won't be able to resist.

Option 2 was a bridge too far... The potential to fall into realms of @davek too big. Soz Dave.

Come on you cousin eating Texan. Don't let me down.

Because to me our identity is being a successful and well respected club throughout the game. We’ve been neither of them for nearly 30 years.

Is it morals? If so look where the good guy angle has got us…..trailing the pack and being absolute push overs. We accepted a 6pt deduction like a Xmas present for crying out loud.

I haven’t identified with this club for a long a time and I suspect that goes for a lot of people on here.

Exactly this.

Dave spouting off about identity is pure garbage. It’s subjective and vague and has nothing to do with our association with other clubs.

I'm glad you said "in due course", and it isn't a matter of how many you intend to buy, is it?

They're not sold on the open market and only by private arrangement or auction.

There may not even be any for sale - apart from Moshiri's 94.1% - as I once heard them described as being as hard to get as a golden ticket in Willy Wonka.

And they're priced at upwards of 3500 pounds, but I suppose you know that.
I bought mine through Blankstone Sington of Exchange Flags who match sellers and buyers for a small commission. Don't know if they still trade in EFC shares but they recommend a platform called Asset Match . There are always shares available in small numbers ,people become ill or die or just need to cash in . I guess right now most shareholders will hold to see how the potential new ownership affects the price.

It's really difficult, for us to trust new owners. We haven't had a good once since Sir John Moores. But having that stadium, is a real game changer. Shame the capability isn't a bit more.

Everton really have potential to be big again. The fear about Roma being forever the main club, isn't founded. The Premier league makes more money. Roma need a new stadium, they haven't even had a spade in the ground. I'm happy with it for now.

I get that. I really do. I've said in the last few months that those who believed we'd go into administration were a disgrace and their talking down of Everton was a helping our enemies in the media.

But those of us - and there are many - who question us being subsumed in this multi-club set up are not spreading negativity. It's highlighting a massive problem for us as a club of great heritage.

There's nothing wrong with flagging up danger from corporate owners. Maybe if we'd done that with Moshiri early enough and not handed a blank cheque to 'the mosh' we wouldn't be in this position right now.

Stay vigilant and question EVERYTHING these suits promise.
To be fair Dave a lot of us don't have the time to research the finances of the club and taking into account last seasons points deductions the threat of administration felt real. Any new owner has the potential to be either saint or sinner and only time will tell. You're entitled to voice your opinion on Friedkin,just hope you're wrong.

It's really difficult, for us to trust new owners. We haven't had a good once since Sir John Moores. But having that stadium, is a real game changer. Shame the capability isn't a bit more.

Everton really have potential to be big again. The fear about Roma being forever the main club, isn't founded. The Premier league makes more money. Roma need a new stadium, they haven't even had a spade in the ground. I'm happy with it for now.
Does our position in Friedkin's heart compared to Roma really matter,he's a business man. It's in his interest for us to be successful.

If we maximise the potential of the new stadium to generate revenue and turn things around PSR wise then we’re in a really strong position to compete. Players are going to want to come to a club that’s playing in a packed out, exciting stadium and is a team on the up.

If the deal is concluded and the new owners get us going in a positive direction then I think there’s huge potential. In terms of attractiveness, of course Roma is ahead of us at the minute but if the new owners realise some of Everton’s potential then that won’t necessarily be the case in future.

So the point you are making is these lads will come in, keep the stadium with the club, provide equity, increase commercial revenue, reduce debt, maximise the stadium revenue, replace high interest unmanageable existing debt secured against the stadium, with repayment of part of that existing debt and replacing the remaining high interest debt with affordable, repayable long term debt, secured against the stadium, - putting equity and cash money back into the club.

Good.

I don't know, what your smoking gun is here mate - in all honesty.

If their investment increases on the back of that - id be delighted and you'd have to say fair f's.

Ridiculous that the share equity in the club is changing hands for a nominal 50 mill - but thats the value of the club, right now (if even).

Big job of work to get there, the whole club needs recovering.
One of the Friedkin group probably walked past Ibrox. That would be enough for the man to monopolise the thread with his box-room insanity pretending he has the slightest idea of how multinational corporations and multi million pound businesses operate, all whilst sat with his Celtic underpants on his head and 2 pencils up his nose waiting for armageddon.

What exactly are you going to do about it? Complain on an internet forum? That'll learn him. Is it more or less of a threat to our identity than wind turbines and dock walls?

You think internet forums aren't substantive?
Apologies if it comes off bad m8, but doesn't Celtic effect you're Everton Identity and give you a Multi-Club Support..

Celtic have nothing to do with me.

How is the Friedkin Groups all equity deal which will include wiping out/restructuring debt worse than Bell and Downing who were borrowing off a pal and were going to use the stadium as collateral for that money? Again you’re just being a contrarian

You think Friedkin isn't going to use the stadium as the basis for a long term loan to the club (with interest) to pay down debts owed? You're living in a dream world. This deal is just swapping a lot of debtors for one single bundled up debt we'd owe TFG.

No offence Dave but I'd take onboard alot more of what a Roma fan has to say about Roma than an Everton fan as I would if it were visa versa

What, a fan determined to paint the best possible picture of their own club? That's never happened before has it?

What step change would you say was needed? Something to more preserve our 'identity'?

You know what mate, identities can and do change. City's identity is totally different now from two or three decades ago, see also Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. For better or worse? I suppose it depends on your viewpoint. Ours is on the cusp of the biggest identity change in the history of the club with BMD.

Will these fellas be better than a couple of 'good blues' with a few bob? I haven't got a clue. And you're spot on about having a degree of scepticism about them. Our club, like many others, is now a billionaires plaything, or investment vehicle, call it what you will. Regardless, they will need to effect change to become more competitive, because we're now way behind the curve in many aspects, not least of all actually on the pitch.

Football itself has changed massively, and unless, and until, footy goes back to being 92 teams kicking off at 3pm every Saturday, and/or a more equitable distribution of finances, this is it, we simply have to embrace it, as kack as that is.

This takeover isn't in that universe. It's a swap of faces we owe money to. Period. Don't expect a lot of spending on Everton, no matter what they initially did at Roma...and aren't doing now, btw.

Surely it's time for another sabbatical.

Are you going to be banging this drum until the day they eventually leave Everton?

You think we should hand them time to prove how bad they are before we critique them? I say that approach allowed Moshiri to get away with murder here for years more than he should have been able to.

I'm opposed to this lot from the off. The deal financially looks like we get nothing other than a debt secured and stabilised. That's it. The stadium will be completed because of it. I expect no changes to our paupers existence on-field. And the big clincher for me is that for the privilege of all that we have to swallow being part of a chain of football clubs and other 'leisure interests' in the TFG portfolio. What a way for a 146 year institution to end up....and many of our supporters are desperate for it!

FFS, you could't make this up, especially after the Moshiri disaster.

30 years is the blink of an eye. We've been going for 146 years.

If you think we're a laughing stock then you might have the wrong club. I support Everton through all the vagaries and I won't be grateful for a change of name that we owe debts to...which is effectively what this deal amounts to.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back