What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
No. It's that I KNOW it'll fail. Unfortunately this is one of the worst bids we had.

I'd even have gone with Bell and Downing to avoid this Friedkin deal.

That;s because to me identity is number one priority in supporting Everton. If we become a multi-club owned entity we lose our particularity to a great degree.

I wont stand for that - AT ALL.
I sort of get what you mean, but football ownership is now a choice of going one of two ways;

1/ Multi-club stables

2/ Ownership by a state that usually involves states that decapitate people for being homosexual. Or throw them off buildings.

Personally neither are ideal but if them’s the options in modern football I’ll take option 1 every day.

Also, is it a prerequisite to have a blue in charge? Bill Kenwright was a blue and that didn’t go well - longest period without a trophy etc. Even Peter Johnson managed a trophy in his time.

Evertonians rather some Evertonians maybe only one

“ god I don’t see how we survive “
“I just want moshiri gone “
“Get these people out of our club “
“Unless there is change I fear for the very existence of the club “
“We desperately need new owners”
“Anyone but these 777 shysters “

Now

“The friedkin group ? No Not them “

Evertonians rather some Evertonians

“ god I don’t see how we survive “
“I just want moshiri gone “
“Get these people out of our club “
“Unless there is change I fear for the very existence of the club “
“We desperately need new powers”
“Anyone but these 777 shysters “

Now

“The friedkin group ? No Not them “

That’s literally one single solitary poster.

It's somewhat fair to look at the owner's management of Roma.

That being said, they're a different team, in a different league, with different constraints and obstacles.

Even if there was a clear strategy to spend a load when first getting there and then holding back, why would we assume they'll take this approach with Everton?

Also we don't know if that is some long term vision or if it's reactive - like they messed it up and are course correcting. If it's the latter then maybe it's also possible that the ownership are learning from mistakes?

We don't know anything so really it's just "pick your narrative".
Indeed, nobody has any idea what these fellas/ladies will do.

I get the people with issues regarding multi-club, but as I said, most people who own football clubs these days own a multitude of businesses, so the days of Bill being in his office all day at FF days are over and lets be honest, even Bill spent most of his time down in London producing.

He seems a very successful businessman, with many fingers in many pies and im sure he will do his very best to make Everton a success, cos thats what he does, he succeeds.

Now football is a very hard business to succeed in, its a game played on grass, by humans, so all the business acumen in the world can only get you so far.

So I get the concerns, I get the people saying "They have to earn it", all these concerns and demands are fair.

But for me, I will just back them, until such time they dont warrant that backing, y'all are free to support this club how you wish, its not up to me to tell you how to do that.

Indeed, nobody has any idea what these fellas/ladies will do.

I get the people with issues regarding multi-club, but as I said, most people who own football clubs these days own a multitude of businesses, so the days of Bill being in his office all day at FF days are over and lets be honest, even Bill spent most of his time down in London producing.

He seems a very successful businessman, with many fingers in many pies and im sure he will do his very best to make Everton a success, cos thats what he does, he succeeds.

Now football is a very hard business to succeed in, its a game played on grass, by humans, so all the business acumen in the world can only get you so far.

So I get the concerns, I get the people saying "They have to earn it", all these concerns and demands are fair.

But for me, I will just back them, until such time they dont warrant that backing, y'all are free to support this club how you wish, its not up to me to tell you how to do that.

Er no Goat. That is not how trust works

Both beasts have awoken. Think I'll take myself out for the day.
fightttt.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back