What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
You think internet forums aren't substantive?

Celtic have nothing to do with me.

You think Friedkin isn't going to use the stadium as the basis for a long term loan to the club (with interest) to pay down debts owed? You're living in a dream world. This deal is just swapping a lot of debtors for one single bundled up debt we'd owe TFG.

What, a fan determined to paint the best possible picture of their own club? That's never happened before has it?

This takeover isn't in that universe. It's a swap of faces we owe money to. Period. Don't expect a lot of spending on Everton, no matter what they initially did at Roma...and aren't doing now, btw.

You think we should hand them time to prove how bad they are before we critique them? I say that approach allowed Moshiri to get away with murder here for years more than he should have been able to.

I'm opposed to this lot from the off. The deal financially looks like we get nothing other than a debt secured and stabilised. That's it. The stadium will be completed because of it. I expect no changes to our paupers existence on-field. And the big clincher for me is that for the privilege of all that we have to swallow being part of a chain of football clubs and other 'leisure interests' in the TFG portfolio. What a way for a 146 year institution to end up....and many of our supporters are desperate for it!

FFS, you could't make this up, especially after the Moshiri disaster.

30 years is the blink of an eye. We've been going for 146 years.

If you think we're a laughing stock then you might have the wrong club. I support Everton through all the vagaries and I won't be grateful for a change of name that we owe debts to...which is effectively what this deal amounts to.

As far as septic capitalist scum go these don’t seem to be a bad bunch.😀
My reservations are entirely due to the multi club model which I believe is inimical to sporting integrity.
I hope the authorities continue to fight internal player trading and enforce one club per organisation in any competition.
It will be interesting to hear their plans and intentions in a few months time should they decide to purchase our club.
I hope they ensure that the clubs under their ownership remain apart and that there is no attempt to promote a false commonality
between the clubs they own.
I have no previous interest or association with Roma or ,indeed , Cannes and I’m happy for that to remain the case.
In the end , at least they aren’t 777 (or A-Cap) I suppose . 🤷‍♂️

This takeover isn't in that universe. It's a swap of faces we owe money to. Period. Don't expect a lot of spending on Everton, no matter what they initially did at Roma...and aren't doing now, btw.
Of course it's not in the same universe. We know no one is going to come in and and throw hundreds of millions at players. The rules don't allow for that anyway. Our one shot at spending big, lead us to where we are today.

Accept the fact that things have changed and we are something to be bought, sold used and abused in an effort to try and make very rich people, even more rich! Maybe try to accept that in order for them to make a few quid for themselves, we need to be run reasonably well? Now given the previous, and a very fair wind, it might, might just mean we start knocking on the top 6 door in the next half decade or so. On the other hand, we might be sat here having the same discussions 5 years from now. We don't know. Whoever comes in will have the sceptics amongst us (me included) concerned about ethics, identity or whatever.

Sadly, what should be a simple game of footy has moved on mate. Gone are the days when a few inspired signings can transform a team into genuine title contenders. I hate to say this, and I absolutely speak for myself here but I/we (with a few obvious exceptions here) genuinely know hardly anything about the 'business model' except to say that because of the money involved, it is far more important now than when we signed Gray and Reid. We genuinely have no choice.

Last edited:

The point made is a simple one: the biggest issue for them will be debt and they won't be coming in here to wipe it out for us without taking ownership of that stadium. How is that the stadium staying in our hands?...unless you're conflating TGF with EFC?

Every statement I've read from commentators looking on is that the stadium is the attraction for TFG. I have no reason to doubt that.
Only Everton can play in that stadium. What use is it to TFG if Everton doesn't play in it. What would they do with it?
I don't care about Roma.

But people are kidding themselves here if they believe that stadium has been 'saved' from outsiders. TFG are the outsiders now in our scenario and they'll own that stadium lock stock and barrel. Anyone who believes other wise and that this isn't their objective need to give their heads a wobble.

These people are rapacious asset strippers. I have no idea how they see their flagship Roma, but I'm pretty certain when the nuts and bolts of this deal are revealed in a few weeks/months time we'll see the reality of a stadium passing into the hands of TFG.

@MikeH72 what do you think mate?

You sussed out the clueless goggle eyed freak early doors

How are these guys striking you?

I wouldn’t claim to have sussed Moshiri from day 1. Something definitely didn’t sit right with me when we were signing Bolasie for £30m in his first window like, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt as I would do with any new owners.

I also won’t claim to be an expert on these fellas, so I’m gonna take the easy option here and simply sit on the fence until they have given me a reason to fall on either side of it. All I’ll say is I will be one mighty relieved man when we have finally washed our hands of Farhad Moshiri and ended the nightmare.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back