• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
It's self explanatory.

Our own sense of ourselves and our place in the football will be tarnished by having us included in a list of clubs that have an owner who controls them all. That will position us as mere parts in an overall whole.
I see what you're saying, Dave, but it's the way of the football world. I'd rather be part of a group, in good/experienced hands, rather than the dog's breakfast of Moshiri's tenure.

Besides, Everton will always be Everton and it's going to be one hell of a ride once we move into our new stadium.

Reckon the due diligence test will get pushed through fairly quickly. Unless, of course, Masters and the PL have a two month summer break

Due diligence is done by Friedkin's lawyers and accountants. Nothing to do with the Premier League or Masters. It's about Friedkin knowing there is no liabilities they're not aware of

That's the ODT you're confusing with it. Which is done by Premier League

I’m not even sure how big we are in the City any more for the younger generation. I’m 50 now so my early childhood was in the 70s when they were winning everything, but at least we were still competitive. Even then I have a few friends from my friend group, who became rs, even though their dads were blues - I could imagine that continues to eat into our local fan base year after year. It’s not so much the older generation I worry about, it’s when we go, how many of the newer generation will be supporting us.

Not this again! Everton FC have FAR more MATCH GOING young fans than they do. Ask any match going LFC fan how few local youngsters go to Anfield. I'm not talking about kids in replica kits playing out in the street. The difference is likely to be far more marked when we move to a new stadium which holds 15,000 more than Goodison does. We have no problem in that area. IMHO.

Wouldn’t put it past Masters and his cronies to drag their feet so we’re more financially susceptible to his ‘big club’ cronies to come an pick over our squad.
They did the right thing by not sanctioning 777 - it was Moshiri who was the cause of the delay by insisting 777 had exclusivity.
The right thing now would be to get this done as quickly as possible. I guess we'll soon find out.

Not this again! Everton FC have FAR more MATCH GOING young fans than they do. Ask any match going LFC fan how few local youngsters go to Anfield. I'm not talking about kids in replica kits playing out in the street. The difference is likely to be far more marked when we move to a new stadium which holds 15,000 more than Goodison does. We have no problem in that area. IMHO.
Quite agree. I'm always struck by the number of young lads and girls on the train to and from Kirkdale . Not talking about kids with Dad either. The ones I speak to are very knowledgeable about our history . I reckon the new stadium will attract loads of younger fans too.

Just read on the echo website they have injected 200m into the club to pay off msp loan and help with day to day stuff
That’s was a condition set to 777 that they never did by the premier league
Should go quick this I reckon

I dont want the owners to give us their full, undivided attention. I want them to hire the right people to give us their undivided attention and provide them with an environment to do their job effectively. We're just coming to the end of an owner giving us their attention....

Well you won't get that. The Friedkin's have been hands on interfering with managerial and CEO appointments.

I didn’t realize our standing and heritage are so fragile. You think very little of Evertonians

Every club's heritage is open to being sullied with the wrong associations. I look at the existing multi-club teams and have zero respect for the vast majority of them. They look like they're huddled together for security because they're just not strong enough to stand on their own two feet. They are diminished by their association with each other, and so will it be for Everton.

We're losing our own presence in the world football. If you think getting our debt restructured is worth that then that's your problem not mine.

Do people remember when the Moores family owned both Everton and the RS…….

Completely different situation. We weren't part of any 'Moores Group', and one side of that family took on one club and the other side the other club. There was no sense of 'flagship' club and minnow club; and there was certainly no danger of other clubs being bought and added to a 'group'.

Bogus point.

I see what you're saying, Dave, but it's the way of the football world. I'd rather be part of a group, in good/experienced hands, rather than the dog's breakfast of Moshiri's tenure.

Besides, Everton will always be Everton and it's going to be one hell of a ride once we move into our new stadium.

It's not though. Only a fraction of clubs are in these multi-club groups. And there should be no misunderstanding that we have the option of only Moshiri or being part of one of these hideous constructions.

Just read on the echo website they have injected 200m into the club to pay off msp loan and help with day to day stuff
That’s was a condition set to 777 that they never did by the premier league
Should go quick this I reckon
Is any of this £200 million available now for transfers ?

Most organisations who become involved in the sports ownership model tend not to focus on just one club but a stable of sporting interests especially the Americans. Even FSG from across the park have involement in other albeit non-footballing establishments including the Boston Red Sox who are/were arguably one of the greatest sporting franchises in history. Nevertheless, little or nothing is made of this nor whether there was likely to be a dilution of the RS as an identity to be used solely to finance the other operations.

I currently see little conflict of interest between Everton and AS Roma as the Friedkin group will want to maximise the respective financial interests of both and to do so this means putting out successful on pitch teams. Both clubs have a wealth of history and massive support bases and IMO this is what they are looking to tap into.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back