• 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
Don’t want them personally.
Messed us around once already .
Didn’t want us enough.
Roma is their main concern and always will be .
I would be interested to hear their plans for us though, if they have reappeared ( which I doubt at this point)
It’s more likely their name has resurfaced due to the money they have put into the club and will want returning if someone else buys us ( Textor).

I think that was the excuse if maybe not the real reason.

I have never understood the problem with the 777 loan. As I understand it the new owners may be liable to pay back all the money 777 loaned but that would be the maximum liability due. So , the maximum it could be is known and happy days if it turns out to be less.
The money was paid over by 777 and the full repayment should be factored into the cost of the purchase.
It should be possible to put a caveat into the agreement about what happens if less money is due to be repaid.
That's the sticking point. They don't want to pay 777 in full. And it's not clear who they would negotiate with, because of the pending litigation.

If you look at the deal sheet that was posted last week, it stuck and enterprise value on the club at 500 million with the stadium. That's less than the debt owed, which means someone needs to take a loss.

I think that was the excuse if maybe not the real reason.

I have never understood the problem with the 777 loan. As I understand it the new owners may be liable to pay back all the money 777 loaned but that would be the maximum liability due. So , the maximum it could be is known and happy days if it turns out to be less.
The money was paid over by 777 and the full repayment should be factored into the cost of the purchase.
It should be possible to put a caveat into the agreement about what happens if less money is due to be repaid.
I think you are spot on there.

The concerns about the intricacies of the 777 loan have surely turned out to be unfounded on the basis of this, and not as high as hurdle as feared.

It just appears that TFG withdrew tactically to gain leverage and Textors bid, and perhaps his bullishness in recent days, seem to have brought them back to the table.

Guess who's back, back again?
Friedkin's back, tell a friend.
Guess who's back, guess who's back,
Guess who's back, guess who's back... (ba-na-na)

I’ve created a boss, 'cause nobody wants to
Deal with small fries no more, they want Friedkin,
I’m chopped liver.
Well, if you want a powerhouse, this is what I’ll give ya:
A little bit of action mixed with some big figures,
From Ferraris to films, he’s got the tricks, quicker!

He’s the man, the mogul, the jet setter,
Put Roma on the map, now they’re better!
He’s got an empire, and it’s only gettin' bigger,
Take over industries like it’s all in a flicker.

Now this looks like a job for Dan,
So everybody just sit and stand,
'Cause we need a little vision from the man,
'Cause it'll feel so empty without Dan!

(Verse)
He’s been up in the air, flyin' high with flair,
Buildin’ up riches without a single care.
Who else can produce Nomadland?
Who else can steer Ferrari like he’s got the whole brand?

So this billionaire’s everywhere, now it’s time you stare,
From Texas to Rome, Friedkin’s takin’ the chair.
He’s got soccer teams and movies in his hand,
Steppin’ into deals like only Friedkin can.

(Bridge)

(Chorus)

(Verse)
He’s not just any guy, look what he’s buildin’,
From fancy rides to films, it’s Dan Friedkin!
Turnin' everything he touches into gold,
While others dream, he’s in control.

It’s his world, we’re just living in it,
Business moves so smooth, you’d swear it’s infinite.
He’s got vision, he’s got style, he’s got the clout,
Friedkin in the game? There’s no doubt.

(Bridge)

(Chorus)

Y'all know me, still the same OG But I been low-key. Hated on by most these bluesies With no cheese, no deals and no trophies.

No points, and no xgs, No hope, no left backs and still Keane

Mad at me ‘cause I can finally afford to provide my team with transfer kitty’s. Got a crib with a stadium and it's all full of seats,

To add to the bank full of money Hangin' up in the office in back of my house, need trophies.

Did y'all think I'ma let my dough freeze? Ho, please! You better bow down on both knees Who you think taught you to smoke trees? Who you think gonna buy you the newbies? Dovbyk, Soule, and le fees, The Manu Kones And the fans that said, “motherfudge the premier league!"

Give you a team full of dope cheats, To cheer when you stroll through in your hood And when your team weren't doin' too good Who's the owner they told you to go see?

Y'all better listen up closely, All you blues that said that I turned poo or The bid flopped, Y'all are the reason that Dan ain't been gettin' no sleep, So funk y'all, all of y'all! If y'all don't like me, blow me! Y'all are gon' keep funkin' around with me and turn me back to the old me

CHORUS (friedkin group):
Nowadays, textor wanna talk like he got somethin' to say But nothin' comes out when they move their lips Just a bunch of gibberish And motherfunkers act like they forgot about Dan.
Nowadays, moshiri wanna talk like they got somethin' to say But nothin' comes out when they move their lips Just a bunch of gibberish And motherfunkers act like they forgot about Dan

Didn’t want us enough.
I would be interested to hear their plans for us though, if they have reappeared ( which I doubt at this point)
It’s more likely their name has resurfaced due to the money they have put into the club and will want returning if someone else buys us ( Textor).

They never actually went away.

They basically positioned themselves to place Moshiri and the other debtors under pressure.

They're still there even if they don't make a formal bid at this time. Still there. Positioned.

He has it right:

That's the sticking point. They don't want to pay 777 in full. And it's not clear who they would negotiate with, because of the pending litigation.

If you look at the deal sheet that was posted last week, it stuck and enterprise value on the club at 500 million with the stadium. That's less than the debt owed, which means someone needs to take a loss.

IMG_8303.webp

Didn’t want us enough.
Other way for me prefer him more just feel is more professional and he would put the right people in place here to get on with the job. Also could be wrong but maybe was a play by them to see if they could put pressure on moshiri and drop the price with the 777 loans to pay. Could be a problem in the future roma but atm it should not really make a difference. We need alot of work here so cant just see us as 2nd choice club, needs to put the right structure in plqce then let them get on with it

Didn’t want us enough.
They 'messed' Roma about as well. If this turns out to be true then it looks to be a negotiating tactic for them. Even the timeline matches up pretty much perfectly

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back