What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
He's currently reading up on the origins of the work "yank" and he's come to the conclusion that he is in fact is a big mazzy Xylophone.
For the record, it wasnt just his usage of the word Yank, it was the context and the tone of the words he used.

If you reread his posts in this thread its quite clear.

But it wasnt be intention to throw shade at David, so I apologise for my actions.

Anyway, I imagine this is a very complex deal, so im not surprised that its gone a bit quiet, I suspect we will get some snippets of information over the next few days, but I wouldnt be shocked if we hear nothing till next week.

The benefits of Friedkin is that they are business people who know how to run a business.

They also understand how to run a football club, different to many businesses, as they have experience of doing so.

Who says we wouldn’t be the flagship, the Premier league is a much wealthier league than Serie A so making Everton a success offers far greater returns than doing the same with Roma.

We’ve already tried the being owned by a fan route and a clueless billionaire route and they certainly did not work.
No mate, respectfully 'no'.

They know how to run a business in the ordinary sense of that word, but the football business is like no other. Stakeholders, stewards, fanatics - call them what you like - but that sense of community ownership is palpable in football (more especially in this country) and they're not experts at that...despite their vast 3.5 years association with Roma.

For the record, it wasnt just his usage of the word Yank, it was the context and the tone of the words he used.

But it wasnt be intention to throw shade at David, so I apologise for my actions.

Anyway, I imagine this is a very complex deal, so im not surprised that its gone a bit quiet, I suspect we will get some snippets of information over the next few days, but I wouldnt be shocked if we hear nothing till next week.
He's a big lad...he can take it.

He's currently cooling off in the Harrison thread.

Can’t he smuggle money somehow so we can spend? Or pretend we got 300 mill
For onana and JB?

Have to say in the over 25 years I’ve lived in the US I haven’t heard any American refer to themselves as Yank.

...but they would't be offended at its use?

Like 'Brit'. Apart from Ireland the term is non-derogatory and common currency for people of these islands, and self-applied.

Can’t he smuggle money somehow so we can spend? Or pretend we got 300 mill
For onana and JB?
Probably not Matty.

There seems very little he can or would do until such a time as he owns the club.

It would APPEAR as tho our PSR issue is pressing and it would APPEAR as tho we have debts that also need to be paid at the end of this month.

Watch this space.

Probably not Matty.

There seems very little he can or would do until such a time as he owns the club.

It would APPEAR as tho our PSR issue is pressing and it would APPEAR as tho we have debts that also need to be paid at the end of this month.

Watch this space.

But ( I know we don’t know the amount )

But Coudnt he say he’s got a plan to clear r debt so we can spend?

Straws n all that but I can with another tryna stay up season

But ( I know we don’t know the amount )

But Coudnt he say he’s got a plan to clear r debt so we can spend?

Straws n all that but I can with another tryna stay up season
We have 2 outstanding issues.

PSR and Cash.

He cant do much regarding PSR, for this period, going forward, there is certainly scope.

He can do lots regarding cash, but again, from my possibly wrong understanding, we need a sale before the end of the month and we need cash to pay a debt before the end of the month.

Who knows what will happen, Friedy could do lots of things or he could do nothing till he gains control.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back