What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
You're welcome to extol the virtues of Vici Private Finance to us all.

A group that no-one had heard of until a week ago, didn't exist 6 months ago and who no-one has the foggiest is backing them.
They didn’t register as a company until six months ago- they made their bid for the club long before that as they were getting involved together to buy Everton FC, they proved their credentials to the premier league showing much more than the £1.1 billion that was required. The people who were behind this move were amazed that Moshiri preferred 777 even more amazed when they started talking to the present front runners whose bid might not seem all that it appears to be, for instance not a full buy out. I had heard of them, not by name because they made their bid when Kenwright was still here running the club, plenty of people knew about the bid even though they kept their distance from publicity. I’ll wait and see what happens in the near future.

Others have beat me to it, but your argument for Vici over Friedkin is the latter is pretty obscure?

There's literally tonnes of information him and his businesses.

Vici are a company founded a few months ago with a couple of people (allegedly) lurking in the shadows.

You may have reasons, but obscurity isn't one of them
See my reply to Andy RJ.

ahaah it surely seems strange. It's a reference to the founding myth of Rome. Those 2 babies are Romulus and Remus.

Personally I prefer our 80s logo, the "lupetto", literally "little-wolf", even though it should be named "little she-wolf".

Both logos are used interchangeably. This year's home kit featured the lupetto.
I'm aware of the mythology, it was a joke..

They didn’t register as a company until six months ago- they made their bid for the club long before that as they were getting involved together to buy Everton FC, they proved their credentials to the premier league showing much more than the £1.1 billion that was required. The people who were behind this move were amazed that Moshiri preferred 777 even more amazed when they started talking to the present front runners whose bid might not seem all that it appears to be, for instance not a full buy out. I had heard of them, not by name because they made their bid when Kenwright was still here running the club, plenty of people knew about the bid even though they kept their distance from publicity. I’ll wait and see what happens in the near future.

Who are they?

Why would they show their credentials to the Premier League? They won't be interested because they haven't agreed a deal with Moshiri or started the OADT.

By all accounts Moshiri has gone with Friedkin because he's paying him the most money so if this group were that keen and that wealthy then they'd have no trouble increasing their offer.

I'm pretty sceptical about a group that no-one knows anything about, didn't exist until 6 months ago and has two directors, one of which lives on a suburban street in basingstoke and the other is Director of his birds skin care business with an overdue confirmation statement.

Might as well be D'Squarius Green Jr. and Jackmerius Tacktheritrix
True, but they are the 2 guys behind Vici, been through a fair few companies considering they have only been going 6 months, they strike me more as middle men, fixer types looking at the little info available. It would be interesting to know whose money was behind their proposal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back