What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 241 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
You mean the group that was only set up several months ago, that no one knows who runs it? How is that better than an actual business guy running us?

That's the difference: we do know what Friedkin offers in terms of us becoming part of his stable of assets and it stinks. Stinks enough to want to look under every stone to avoid them.

I won't give them a chance because quite beside the fact that we don't know what they'll do in terms of investing in the team we DO KNOW that by joining them we lose a huge part of our identity.
How on earth do you (don't use the collective 'we' here, David) that a takeover by the Friedkin Group spells a loss of identity for Everton.

Please explain in a clearz logical manner for all of us how our identity will be eroded away.

Used examples to prove your point if you have any available.

Cheers ;)

He'll be doing what's best for The Freidkin Group not Everton FC.

Take no notice of all this positive spin. These people are vampires. The deal suits Moshiri and no one else connected with Everton.
Folly to think that any prospective owner who came in, wouldn’t be in it for themselves first and foremost.

You don’t get involved in a multi billion £ industry for the fun of it.

How on earth do you (don't use the collective 'we' here, David) that a takeover by the Friedkin Group spells a loss of identity for Everton.

Please explain in a clearz logical manner for all of us how our identity will be eroded away.

Used examples to prove your point if you have any available.

Cheers ;)

Do I need to post all the different multi-club entities now out there with a half well know club leading a trail of lesser lights in some sad procession?

We're going to be one of those trailing lesser lights even now as we enter a stable with Roma in it - and more to come.

If you want Everton mentioned in the same breath as Cannes and Roma and a load of other clubs in a lot of the coverage we get then be my guest.

In any case, why am I having to justify my very logical position? It's you and people like you who want to enter into such a compact with a corporation who have to justify your stance...

Folly to think that any prospective owner who came in, wouldn’t be in it for themselves first and foremost.

You don’t get involved in a multi billion £ industry for the fun of it.
Some of them are in it for a sports wash and the social capital.

Why does it stink? You seriously need to take the blinkers off, this isn’t a case like 777 nor is he a lunatic like Moshiri.

Some people are struggling to get beyond the 'at least he's not Moshiri' / 'at least we'd avoid administration' level of defence for Friedkin's bid.

It really is staggering after 8 years of rancid governance that some are willing to hand a free pass out to Friedkin.

Do I need to post all the different multi-club entities now out there with a half well know club leading a trail of lesser lights in some sad procession?
If you don't mind.
We're going to be one of those trailing lesser lights even now as we enter a stable with Roma in it - and more to come.
We won't be a lesser light. You can cry all you like about them already saying Roma will be their "crown jewel", that was before a premier league club became available.
If you want Everton mentioned in the same breath as Cannes and Roma and a load of other clubs in a lot of the coverage we get then be my guest.
It wouldn't be a bad thing to be mentioned in the same breath as Roma, as for Cannes? You're nuts if you think we'll get equal billing to them.
In any case, why am I having to justify my very logical position?
Because it's deranged, not logical.
It's you and people like you who want to enter into such a compact with a corporation who have to justify your stance...
Ok, mate. ;)

Some people are struggling to get beyond the 'at least he's not Moshiri' / 'at least we'd avoid administration' level of defence for Friedkin's bid.

It really is staggering after 8 years of rancid governance that some are willing to hand a free pass out to Friedkin.
Well he has a track record , that’s a plus. He certainly appears to be a step up from Moshiri.

Perhaps you are understating how rancid Moshiri was if you don’t think
Freidkin isn’t a considerable step
up from Moshiri and 777.

I don’t believe there are any billionaires out there willing to buy the club purely for footballing reasons and to make Everton great again.
Those ships have sailed, we are now onto level 2 or even 3 owners who want it to turn a profit for them.

Wanting a billionaire ‘blue’ to turn up and just pour money into the club is as fanciful and it is fictional.

I don’t believe there are any billionaires out there willing to buy the club purely for footballing reasons and to make Everton great again.
Those ships have sailed, we are now onto level 2 or even 3 owners who want it to turn a profit for them.

Wanting a billionaire ‘blue’ to turn up and just pour money into the club is as fanciful and it is fictional.
True. The only people buying elite level club, and by that I mean top division European teams, are doing so to sports wash or to make money. And the latter by using the clubs as vehicles for marketing or generating commercial opportunities.

PSR makes it impossible for a benefactor owner model to work in the way it did. Owners need to have a plan to increase revenues to make teams competitive.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back