What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters

When you want to open a company you have the option of appointing directors or appointing 'professional' directors for an ongoing fee. The same goes for providing an address or paying for use of an address.

It appears to be the case that the two gentlemen are 'professional' directors who have been engaged to incorporate a company. Then if necessary the 'real' investors would takeover that entity either keeping their names on as directors or someone elses.

What seems to be the issue?

I very much doubt these two would be involved in running the club as was being suggested. They may be involved in the deal in someway, potentially through Keith Harris, but they certainly aren't fronting it with backing from two unknown billionaires.

Nevertheless, the point of the discussion was that the Vinci Group were somehow preferred over Friedkin despite there being next to no information about them in the public domain. The information that is available i.e. these two 'Directors' does nothing to prove their credentials.

I own my own company and have owned others, you can form it yourself online in about 5 minutes for £50. Anyone can do it. Who's to say these two aren't a pair of loons trying to buy the club with a fake bank statement?

He wouldn't be paying this much for us just to do a Glazers. He sees huge potential in the stadium and club moving forward I'm sure. Not saying we will be challenging for Europe or anything currently but putting a competent board in, improving our commercial and media department and clearing or restructuring the debt would be a start. The PL broadcast revenue is only going to go up. This fella is in film he will understand the media he wouldnt be coming in to tarnish his name. Get into that new stadium we can kick on (fingers crossed).

Too many people are handing a free pass to this lot without knowing what their plans are. They're desperate not to see us go into administration and are prepared to see us become a relatively insignificant pawn in some yank's empire to avoid it.

Still no news on exclusivity

Maybe it's nothing to be concerned about, but Moshiri's history of flip-flopping has me suspicious
No news is probably good news. If they had pulled out of the bid or Moshiri refused them we’d have heard about it by now I’m sure. The early reports did say Friedkin wouldn’t be rushed into it and would do things on his own timescale.

Unlike gambling (it is just that), the idea of the whale methodology of "bet big, win big" does not apply.

This benevolent owner you seek is a failed plan, Dave. We might as well be fully owned and admin'd by the fans and that'd be a monumental sh*tshow. I can just see it know; ice lolly vs. lolly ice fisticuffs in the stands as go down to the Championship 0-3 at home to der Tracta' Boyz V 2.0.
We've had interest from Saudi's and other billionaires and the only reason we haven't gone with them is because Moshiri wants what's best for him and not the club.

So let me get this straight, you'd prefer these guys over Friedkin?

One lives in a 4 bedroom house in a suburban street in Basingstoke with a questionable history of company involvement/ ownership. Whilst the other has next to no background to speak of at all apart from a stake in his birds skin care business and his own sports finance business, both of which were formed last year and have overdue confirmation statements.

You believe these two blokes are backed by two high net worth individuals who are willing to give them £1billion in cash to buy and run Everton? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes you’ve got that straight, except the billionaires are being introduced to Everton and they will take over and run the business.

You find it very easy to believe the background of the two chaps, I don’t know where they live or what businesses they run but gangsters live in huge mansions and so did Phillip Green who also had a huge yacht, it’s not where you live but how you live.

777’s “period of exclusivity” was because they were bluffers stalling for time. There’s no reason why these owners have to have a prolonged period of exclusivity. Why do people think that a takeover has to follow the exact same step by step process as the 777 farce.
Correct. If they have proof of funds, they are reputable and there’s no obvious red flags it should go through a lot quicker.

We've had interest from Saudi's and other billionaires and the only reason we haven't gone with them is because Moshiri wants what's best for him and not the club.

Whilst that's undoubtedly true, the caveat here is that if newspaper reports are to be believed (and take them with as much salt as you like), the Friedkin offer is the only one where debts are being cleared rather than external finance being used to restructure them - so technically, it looks on the face of it as the best financial offer for the club as well

That will all come out in the wash like, I'd expect Friedkin might be refinancing some of the debt as low-ish interest shareholder loans himself

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back