What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
Its not irrelevant is it? The clubs have the chance to be operating in the same jurisdiction with Uefa competitions for a kick off. And everyone of these football multi-club organisations have a hierarchy to them...guess where we'll be?

Honestly Dave, they all stand and are supported depending on how they perform individually…I wouldn’t get wound up about it…..

Its nothing to do with formal ownership of shares. I'm making the point that the TFG lot being successful business people don't have any advantage coming into a football club and trying to roll out their plans. WTF does flogging cars have to do with handing all the social relations that take place at a football club? They may have been at Roma for three seasons but that doesn't make them experts of the industry, and it certainly doesn't qualify them to run this club in this country.

Overall though my grumble is that we'll be subsumed by a corporation and just be one facet of their operation - and not even the most important part of their sporting portfolio.

Make no mistake, the multi-club route is a threat to us, and a threat to every other club that gets caught up with it.
The multi - club model is a threat to the integrity of the sport as a whole .
There is a pronounced danger that the sport will evolve into competition between a handful of overarching corporate entities owning portfolios of clubs.
This will erode the unique identity of the clubs they control .
It will also introduce the suspicion of results being manipulated for commercial gain . Whether this happened or not the suspicion would damage confidence in the sport.
I personally hope the authorities legislate against multi - club ownership but I fear they have acted too late and allowed repugnant entities like Red Bull to gain a malign foothold in the sport.

…there are rich teams and there are poor teams. Then there's fifty feet of crap, and then there's us.
...and Everton will be far from the forefront of Friedkin's investment plans...investment in the team that is.

He'll oversee a continuance of sales of our better players to pay off interest payments in some idiot belief we can also buy cheap youngsters who'll keep us i the PL.

The multi - club model is a threat to the integrity of the sport as a whole .
There is a pronounced danger that the sport will evolve into competition between a handful of overarching corporate entities owning portfolios of clubs.
This will erode the unique identity of the clubs they control .
It will also introduce the suspicion of results being manipulated for commercial gain . Whether this happened or not the suspicion would damage confidence in the sport.
I personally hope the authorities legislate against multi - club ownership but I fear they have acted too late and allowed repugnant entities like Red Bull to gain a malign foothold in the sport.
The PL should be knocking this proposed takeover back. Do something positive for a change.

...and Everton will be far from the forefront of Friedkin's investment plans...investment in the team that is.

He'll oversee a continuance of sales of our better players to pay off interest payments in some idiot belief we can also buy cheap youngsters who'll keep us i the PL.
He wouldn't be paying this much for us just to do a Glazers. He sees huge potential in the stadium and club moving forward I'm sure. Not saying we will be challenging for Europe or anything currently but putting a competent board in, improving our commercial and media department and clearing or restructuring the debt would be a start. The PL broadcast revenue is only going to go up. This fella is in film he will understand the media he wouldnt be coming in to tarnish his name. Get into that new stadium we can kick on (fingers crossed).

The one positive thing about the relegation danger is no one is going to pay the cost of getting a PL team and sell off so much talent that they go down. That would mean any short term money you make from the player sales is lost many times over by the TV revenue drop after relegation.

The new profit and sustainability rules means having shed loads of money doesn’t mean as much as it did a few years back just ask the horse punchers.

We need to be financially secure that’s true and we need to be run by competent people.
Also, we need to invest in a total restructure of our youth system, as that would keep PSR under wraps and also hopefully bring us through a few quality players, that we weren't selling on to structure the accounts...

Its going to be a dangerous summer.

I cant tell you how much we need this to go sideways with Moshiri and Friedkin.
? This last season was the one we had this whole psr mess all the trouble with the board. Plus imagine in the 777 deal was done could have just been more chaos maybe even lost the stadium if they had taken over. I think you need to give them a chance friedkin and whoever

Unlike gambling (it is just that), the idea of the whale methodology of "bet big, win big" does not apply.

This benevolent owner you seek is a failed plan, Dave. We might as well be fully owned and admin'd by the fans and that'd be a monumental sh*tshow. I can just see it know; ice lolly vs. lolly ice fisticuffs in the stands as go down to the Championship 0-3 at home to der Tracta' Boyz V 2.0.

? This last season was the one we had this whole psr mess all the trouble with the board. Plus imagine in the 777 deal was done could have just been more chaos maybe even lost the stadium if they had taken over. I think you need to give them a chance friedkin and whoever
There’s no room for sensibility here. You either believe we’re winning the league next season or this Yank will dump all the tea into the River Mersey. Pick a side.

Cockney rhyming slang for Yank is septic. As in Septic tank. Just saying

The term "septics" for Americans comes from the fact that during long shipping voyages the american navy never used limes/lemons to stave of scurvy and were therefore susceptible to it.

Its also why Americans call British people "limeys" because the British navy issued limes to its sailors.

Hence, the brits calling americans spetics and the Americans calling the brits limeys.

Somewhere along the line its been absorbed into cockney rhyming slang apparently.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back