What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
Complete nobodies? Yet they know enough to get two billionaires interested enough to spend millions of pounds on buying Everton, I’d love to be a nobody like them.
According to you they do. Where is the evidence?

Was this their proof of funds? :lol:

1718832016944.png

Last edited:
Keith Harris is a broker, just like he was for Fulham, Chelsea, Aston Villa etc...it's not as if he's fronting the bid. What about Mark Ward and Owen Bolt gives you confidence that they're the right people to take over the club and bring it to its former glory?
Yes I said he had nothing to do with the effort to buy the club financially but he knows, possibly, how the club should be run after watching Kenwright’s efforts.
I know next to nothing about Ward or Bolt but doubt anyone could run the club worse than Billy Boy.

I was always a fan of Roma to be honest. So the club doesn’t bother me one bit. As others have said the multi club model is a little sketchy and I am skeptical.

Don’t be, they just own clubs. Look at FSG…Fenway Sports Group Holdings, LLC (FSG), is an American multinational sports holding conglomerate which owns NASCAR's RFK Racing, Major League Baseball's Boston Red Sox, the Premier League's Liverpool, the National Hockey League's Pittsburgh Penguins, and the TMRW Golf League's Boston Common Golf.
A diverse portfolio but it doesn’t mean that one is above another, they are run individually and stand on their own two feet. It will be exactly the same with us….,

Well their names are listed on company house so I doubt they are complete nobodies, thanks for telling me they are listed on company house by the way!
So let me get this straight, you'd prefer these guys over Friedkin?

One lives in a 4 bedroom house in a suburban street in Basingstoke with a questionable history of company involvement/ ownership. Whilst the other has next to no background to speak of at all apart from a stake in his birds skin care business and his own sports finance business, both of which were formed last year and have overdue confirmation statements.

You believe these two blokes are backed by two high net worth individuals who are willing to give them £1billion in cash to buy and run Everton? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Don’t be, they just own clubs. Look at FSG…Fenway Sports Group Holdings, LLC (FSG), is an American multinational sports holding conglomerate which owns NASCAR's RFK Racing, Major League Baseball's Boston Red Sox, the Premier League's Liverpool, the National Hockey League's Pittsburgh Penguins, and the TMRW Golf League's Boston Common Golf.
A diverse portfolio but it doesn’t mean that one is above another, they are run individually and stand on their own two feet. It will be exactly the same with us….,
I just see one soccerball club there.

Who is an expert in community ownership? The only solution to meet your requirements would be a German style fan shareholding which simply does not stack up financially in the Premiership. They have 3.5 years experience at Roma as you concede. Who would be your preferred owners be?
Its nothing to do with formal ownership of shares. I'm making the point that the TFG lot being successful business people don't have any advantage coming into a football club and trying to roll out their plans. WTF does flogging cars have to do with handing all the social relations that take place at a football club? They may have been at Roma for three seasons but that doesn't make them experts of the industry, and it certainly doesn't qualify them to run this club in this country.

Overall though my grumble is that we'll be subsumed by a corporation and just be one facet of their operation - and not even the most important part of their sporting portfolio.

Make no mistake, the multi-club route is a threat to us, and a threat to every other club that gets caught up with it.

We're going to be caught on the wrong side of history if we go down this rabbit hole.

Which is irrelevant to a multiclub business tbh…..
Its not irrelevant is it? The clubs have the chance to be operating in the same jurisdiction with Uefa competitions for a kick off. And everyone of these football multi-club organisations have a hierarchy to them...guess where we'll be?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back