What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 583 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
The multi - club model is a threat to the integrity of the sport as a whole .
There is a pronounced danger that the sport will evolve into competition between a handful of overarching corporate entities owning portfolios of clubs.
This will erode the unique identity of the clubs they control .
It will also introduce the suspicion of results being manipulated for commercial gain . Whether this happened or not the suspicion would damage confidence in the sport.
I personally hope the authorities legislate against multi - club ownership but I fear they have acted too late and allowed repugnant entities like Red Bull to gain a malign foothold in the sport.
This is where the game ( Sorry business ) Is moving to in this era.
Sadly it's becoming the norm.

And this is just 1 of the things that is killing/killed the game.

I still want our club tho, Instead of watching it crumble in front of us. Sadly we don't have a big list of buyers, and the potential one's on the table don't fill me with trust, so it comes to the Acceptance of Friedkin..

If anything it rids us of Mosh

I don't know why everyone is giving Dave grief? He's on verge of uncovering the sinister truth behind Dan Friedkin and the shadowy organization known as the Friedkin Group
Polish_20240619_223945501.webp

True, but they are the 2 guys behind Vici, been through a fair few companies considering they have only been going 6 months, they strike me more as middle men, fixer types looking at the little info available. It would be interesting to know whose money was behind their proposal.

The two guys listed on companies house? They're complete nobodys, how did they get access to two secretive bilionaires willing to back them with funds to buy a Premier League club!? Who are the guys with the money who want to remain anonymous?

Keith Harris is a broker, just like he was for Fulham, Chelsea, Aston Villa etc...it's not as if he's fronting the bid. What about Mark Ward and Owen Bolt gives you confidence that they're the right people to take over the club and bring it to its former glory?

You seriously expect me to believe that these two complete nobodys are fronting a buy out of a Premier League team and are backed by two billionaires. :lol:

Complete nobodies? Yet they know enough to get two billionaires interested enough to spend millions of pounds on buying Everton, I’d love to be a nobody like them.

So let me get this straight, you'd prefer these guys over Friedkin?

One lives in a 4 bedroom house in a suburban street in Basingstoke with a questionable history of company involvement/ ownership. Whilst the other has next to no background to speak of at all apart from a stake in his birds skin care business and his own sports finance business, both of which were formed last year and have overdue confirmation statements.

You believe these two blokes are backed by two high net worth individuals who are willing to give them £1billion in cash to buy and run Everton? :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you want to open a company you have the option of appointing directors or appointing 'professional' directors for an ongoing fee. The same goes for providing an address or paying for use of an address.

It appears to be the case that the two gentlemen are 'professional' directors who have been engaged to incorporate a company. Then if necessary the 'real' investors would takeover that entity either keeping their names on as directors or someone elses.

What seems to be the issue?

80dc4145e3f892780329c4730da0b72c

In 2010, new A-League team Melbourne Heart played Everton (my third Everton match watched live). In 2014, they were taken over by the "City Football Group" and whilst 4 years isn't much of a legacy or identity, this is what they became...

0ca550a1486a3923afcf7ebd16643dfe

If the idea was to spread the brand & pick up supporters of the group, then I don't think it worked. I know a massive Man City fan locally, & he refuses to budge from being a Melb. Victory fan.

My point being that I agree with all the sentiment surrounding the conglomeration of teams into one identity & that the powers that be have, indeed, let the cat out of the bag! As the custodians of EFC, we can't overly influence ownership decisions, but we are the ones who will maintain the identity!

One lives in a 4 bedroom house in a suburban street in Basingstoke with a questionable history of company involvement/ ownership. Whilst the other has next to no background to speak of at all apart from a stake in his birds skin care business and his own sports finance business, both of which were formed last year and have overdue confirmation statements.

You believe these two blokes are backed by two high net worth individuals who are willing to give them £1billion in cash to buy and run Everton? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where in Basingstoke, that's my hood. I can go and check them out.

Honestly Dave, they all stand and are supported depending on how they perform individually…I wouldn’t get wound up about it…..
Impossible.

It's his thing.

Leitch criss cross
Wind Turbines
Dock Walls
Pattersons defending
Pattersons Tackling
Pattersons crossing
Pattersons running
Pattersons existence

Now it's the terrifying prospect of a successful businessman with a short (but solid) track record in football that's got him foaming at the mouth.

Ignore if he's right or not, but 'wound up' is his default setting.

Asleep to wound up in 0.3 seconds.

It's entertaining......for a while.

Last edited:

Vici was a smoke screen.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back