What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
If/when this takeover happens, what are people's opinions on them getting rid of Dyche and bringing someone new in?

I feel like at this point it wouldn't be a great idea as we have just about steadied things after a few years of turbulence. I'm no massive Dyche aficionado by the way, just concerned that starting again from scratch could be detrimental.
He's earned another season and regardless of ownership we're still in the financial poo and will merely be looking to survive this season. Dyche basically had us mid-table last season which was fantastic - I'd be weighing up whether he should get a chance of spending some money in 12 months time to create a better squad. Obviously if he's somehow got us 19th and hopeless at Christmas then get rid, but that shouldn't happen.

I'm a southerner and have only heard it used by one person - my youngest brother, who always calls Americans 'septics'. I've always assumed it's CRS. I probably use more ter picked up from here, like being 'On the ale' and 'Do you wanna brew?' for instance, than I do CRS. But, then again, I probably use a lot out of habit without realising it.
Funnily enough, as soon as I posted this, I went onto my family WhatsApp group and a different brother asked if I was wearing a 'syrup' in a photo I posted.

If/when this takeover happens, what are people's opinions on them getting rid of Dyche and bringing someone new in?

I feel like at this point it wouldn't be a great idea as we have just about steadied things after a few years of turbulence. I'm no massive Dyche aficionado by the way, just concerned that starting again from scratch could be detrimental.
It would be madness. He is the only stability we have had over the last few years. He should be supported now and allowed to either move us gradually up the table over time, or to manage his way out of the job.

The biggest mistake we could make now is turn to glamour to make a splash. We saw that with Ronald Koeman. Granted, we needed a new manager at that time because Martinez had managed himself out of the role, but Koeman was a vanity choice that was never going to work (as he's not a good enough manager to expensively armtwist into arriving).

Stick with Dyche. Back him. Challenge him to improve us. Then sack him if he proves he can't. That's the only way to do this.

It’s very interesting to look at what the Firedkins have done at Roma as a business since 2020 to now, there are massive parallels between us and Roma when they took over, Infactt Roma may have been worse in terms of the losses they were making, we’re also holding significant debt, had fan and boar€ unrest and the club required recovering.

As of today:

Last edited:
It doesn't appear there will be any statements from Moshiri and Friedkin? It's not a big thing anyway. Moshiri has been around the block a few times with exclusivity and his utterances don't carry credibility. They may have mutually agreed to say nothing and let news come out through the media. As we've seen, effusive statements and posturing mean nothing if a deal isnt closed.

To be a fly on the wall and hear what Friedkin thinks about Moshiri and his stewardship of Everton. Though he also inherited a lot of issues with Roma.

It’s very interesting to look at what the Firedkins have done at Roma as a business since 2020 to now, there are massive parallels between us and Roma when they took over, Infactt Roma may have been worse in terms of the losses they were making.

As of today:

Just imagine an Everton with a semi competent commercial department.

It almost scares me.

It would be madness. He is the only stability we have had over the last few years. He should be supported now and allowed to either move us gradually up the table over time, or to manage his way out of the job.

The biggest mistake we could make now is turn to glamour to make a splash. We saw that with Ronald Koeman. Granted, we needed a new manager at that time because Martinez had managed himself out of the role, but Koeman was a vanity choice that was never going to work (as he's not a good enough manager to expensively armtwist into arriving).

Stick with Dyche. Back him. Challenge him to improve us. Then sack him if he proves he can't. That's the only way to do this.
Sense*

*remembers this is Everton

I do not want Dyche to be our manager, however making a change at this stage would be silly. Whatever wonderful things may be on the horizon, for right now our squad is still crap and seems to respond to Dyche to the extent that our heads have stayed above water against some pretty rough odds over the last couple of years. Give him the season.

Has to stay for stability purposes but he also absolutely deserves a chance in a solid competent set up.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back