What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 697 69.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 262 26.3%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
L'operazione che dovrebbe ormai portare all'acquisizione dell'Everton, la seconda squadra di Liverpool

Second team of Liverpool is the bit I didn’t like.

The owners have been silent all the way through so seems daft to speculate that their continued silence carries some weight.

L'operazione che dovrebbe ormai portare all'acquisizione dell'Everton, la seconda squadra di Liverpool

The owners have been silent all the way through so seems daft to speculate that their continued silence carries some weight.

You might not like it but it’s just factual.

That's not true though is it?

We know we'll be part of a multi club group if purchased by TFG. That's right isn't it?

We know that such groups have flagship teams, such as Man City, Roma, Lyon, Leipzig. That's right isn't it?

Therefore it's entirely correct to state that our identity and credibility are threatened with being enveloped into a structure where we're part of a number of entities and not even the most important one.

That's the danger.

I say - especially in the wake of being near destroyed by the last 'clever' businessman - be vigilant. Don't let the club's reputation and heritage be destroyed by people who's chief reason for existence in this world is to flog Toyota cars to yanks in about 5 or 6 states in the U.S. That's all they are. They have no interest in preserving our 146 year old legacy. They just flog things to death for cash.

Stay critical. Stay vigilant.

I still say that they will sell Roma for big coin

Just see it happening.

I still say that they will sell Roma for big coin

Just see it happening.
Roma not owning their stadium limits their ability to make the big cash that other clubs can get their hands on, and even though they`ve had plans to build one in Italy there`s a lot more hurdles to navigate to get stuff like that to the finish line. Serie A is also miles behind EPL in the amount of money clubs can get from TV and other sponsorships, two reasons we might make a better flagship club for their multi club set up.

Roma not owning their stadium limits their ability to make the big cash that other clubs can get their hands on, and even though they`ve had plans to build one in Italy there`s a lot more hurdles to navigate to get stuff like that to the finish line. Serie A is also miles behind EPL in the amount of money clubs can get from TV and other sponsorships, two reasons we might make a better flagship club for their multi club set up.

It just seems that the amount of ready capital that Friedkin have and are throwing around suggests they know they will have more coming back to them soon

They've turned that business round and can therefore take huge profit from that

I think Friedkin has said before they prefer to act rather than talk. This will be fine with most of us I imagine but we still need a minimum level of communication from them when they are offical owners. I'm not surprised they are awaiting completion of the formalities before saying anything, particularly given our recent history. When/ if the time comes, I'm sure they will set the right tone. But talk is indeed cheap. It's all what they do. But I don't have any fear that we will be run as an inferior club. There is no logic as to why that would be and why they're engaging in buying us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back