What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 709 70.3%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 261 25.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
I think the club will be sold prior to the January transfer window because absolutely everybody can see that the club needs significant investment in new players and a change of manager to stay in the league.

I believe TFG are contemplating sacking the Roma manager right now, with Allegri being the favourite to replace the current Roma manager.

Last edited:

….you certainly did, Ste. Looking like you were spot on.

Patterns repeat mate, Especially when that pattern saved him about 200m when buying Roma.

Guys like Friedkin don't walk in and suddenly discover stuff, they do prior due diligence before even approaching never mind putting 200m into the club.

What nobody really thought about was this.

Why if he got so alarmed at the state of the finances - notably the 777 stuff, did he choose to pay off the loan, tying himself to 200m investment in Everton.

If he was that alarmed would the obvious thing be to walk away with zero involvement.

Some said it's so he could get the shares and stadium for just 200m, but he'd still inherit all debt in that case anyway, and likely after a year that debt would have risen significantly essentially reducing any saving made by not giving Moshiri anything for his shares (50m is the quoted figure).

It always felt odd to walk away whilst at the same moment tying yourself to the club to the tune of 200m

Think the Friedkin walk away was more part of the long game to buy the club cheaper than initially quoted.

Given the amount of info out there on 777 I refuse to believe he wasn't fully aware of the situation before ever seeing the books
Yeah i mean with the time for the takeover would it speed up the process for them. Would be great if it can help us in the jan window like the summer window after friekin talks stopped so did the transfers

I didn't say you did mate. :coffee:

I was citing you as someone who wants it "sorted" that's all

But I was just saying earlier it's months away from being so. For the good of people's mental health etc to not be misled on it all

Some of these lot need to wind their necks in. That's all. Telling people to "give it a rest" :dodgy:

Nothing is imminent. We need to be real about it

Wish you would wind you're neck in, never mind telling others to, you know, quite simply as much as we do, what's on line and what's in the media. So stop preaching to everyone else, if it's you're opinion, fine, say so, don't go around spouting its fact like you're pretending to, as you're just getting on everyone's tits.

He was advised by his mate the esk not to purchase a share, the esk himself claims to be a shareholder but there is no sign of him on the shareholders register at companies house.

Liars do this to hopefully get attention

I don't know how that person's shareholding is held either himself or held by a company of his for reasons such as tax purposes. That's up to him

What I do find very tiresome is your repeated "liar" comments

All I have said is nothing is imminent and it's months away. If you have a problem with that says everything about you rather than me.

If you think I'm "lying" then more fool you

Last edited:

Wish you would wind you're neck in, never mind telling others to, you know, quite simply as much as we do, what's on line and what's in the media. So stop preaching to everyone else, if it's you're opinion, fine, say so, don't go around spouting its fact like you're pretending to, as you're just getting on everyone's tits.

No I won't wind my neck in. I've commented that it's months away from being sorted. You might not like that. That's tough. It's your problem

Nah mate, give credit to Damo, our resident sanctions lawyer (he actually saud that btw 😂 )

He's just using his experience in multi hundred million business takeovers to help inform GoT.

Either that or he's an utter blagger whose biggest business deal he's ever been involved in was getting 20p an hour pay increase for his paper round.
Where can I buy Billionaire monopoly
That’s as far as Damo gets in corporate takeovers

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back