• 👍

Votes: 698 69.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 262 26.3%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
Just wondering what would be considered normal
process with the owners and directors test?

Roma have nine directors including both Friedkins and the CEO. We barely have a board at present.

If they propose to appoint that many at Everton, are all of the nominees put forward together for checking and approval in one step?

I'd assume TFG have given some thought to the makeup of a new board and CEO but they also may need time to assess who is available and whom they might want.

Heard opinions on how long approval will take varying from 10 days to 12 weeks.

Roma's board seems to be a mix of Italians and Americans so perhaps will see a similar mix here. Maybe Downing and Bell will be approached?

Just wondering what would be considered normal
process with the owners and directors test?

Roma have nine directors including both Friedkins and the CEO. We barely have a board at present.

If they propose to appoint that many at Everton, are all of the nominees out forward together for checking and approval in one step?

I'd assume TFG have given some thought to the makeup of a new board and CEO but they also may need time to assess who is available and whom they might want.

Heard opinions on how long approval will take varying from 10 days to 12 weeks.

Roma's board seems to be a mix of Italians and Americans so perhaps will see a similar mix here. Maybe Downing and Bell will be approached?
@Connor mentioned he'd heard a whisper about Bell and Downing.

One of my gripes about modern footy, wingers taking on full backs to get to the byline just doesn't happen anymore, you have to be left footed to play on the right and visa versa. Bring back Dave Thomas and Bob Latchford. so exciting to see proper wing play.
We should go back to 2-3-5. That was how I always set up my Subbuteo teams and I got to a Leinster Final back in the 70s 😄

Seriously, I agree with you, and hark back to wingers and proper centre forwards. We have neither at present.

I’d be one of his big critics - but I genuinely think Moshiri did us a solid here, I believe the Textor offer was better financially for him.

But TFG deal was better for the club. He went with the club.
Hmmm , I'm not sure Moshiri has ever put the best interest of the club ahead of his own.

If you are selling a house would you rather have the certainty of receiving £500k from a cash buyer or the offer of £575k from someone who has to sell their house first and it's been on the market for 9 months?

I know which offer I'd take.

No doubt mate, however if you look at trends we are one of the cheapest to go watch a PL match, that’s about to change, people talk about progress and being run like a modern PL business - there are downsides to that from a fan perspective also.

When people talk of the uptake in revenue at the new ground, where do people think that’s going to come from, it will be increased prices across the board.

If Everton are clever given the roots of our fan base, that will be done slowly and incrementally over the five years, hook people into the new ground, better product, get comfortable and raise by 5-10% every year.

Not commenting on the morality of that - I’m just saying this is nailed on what will happen and always was going to no matter who the owner was.
Aside from financial cost / benefit, it’s probably why they didn’t build the extra seats. Good old price elasticity of demand!

Hmmm , I'm not sure Moshiri has ever put the best interest of the club ahead of his own.

If you are selling a house would you rather have the certainty of receiving £500k from a cash buyer or the offer of £575k from someone who has to sell their house first and it's been on the market for 9 months?

I know which offer I'd take.

I’m no defender of Moshiri mate, but I’m also objective, I’d say it was the ability of Friedkin to close, ahead of an expected cash call in January - I’ve hinted that club was struggling with that now for a number of weeks - it entailed the fit out of the ground. The club is being is run at the moment on the cash made in the transfer window and we would have went red in January.

You are right, Textor had a number of plates spinning. I never really took him seriously if I’m honest.

But I think ultimately, Moshiri had ran out of options of credit and with Jan looming needed a quick sale and would he would be sure to complete!

Still though he’s taken a big haircut and he’s that mad he could have dug his heels in - this is the first sensible decision he’s made since he’s been here!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back