What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 701 70.1%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 261 26.1%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
No doubt mate, however if you look at trends we are one of the cheapest to go watch a PL match, that’s about to change, people talk about progress and being run like a modern PL business - there are downsides to that from a fan perspective also.

When people talk of the uptake in revenue at the new ground, where do people think that’s going to come from, it will be increased prices across the board.

If Everton are clever given the roots of our fan base, that will be done slowly and incrementally over the five years, hook people into the new ground, better product, get comfortable and raise by 5-10% every year.

Not commenting on the morality of that - I’m just saying this is nailed on what will happen and always was going to no matter who the owner was.
There is the massive uptake in the corporate aspect to bear in mind too Neil. GP had the lowest number of boxes/corp facilities in the league. Just increasing this will be a huge new revenue stream for the club - plus the new ground will be far more amenable to hosting non-football events to further increase income.

Still. Prices will go up, that's just an inevitability.

Think from a base point this is good news from what I'm reading and listening to. To have financial stability and not being worried about paying to keep the club running from month to month, and not being worried from season to season about not being able to afford certain players, immediately puts the club in a better place and allows us to start putting the foundations of structure from the background to the foreground of Everton.

There is the massive uptake in the corporate aspect to bear in mind too Neil. GP had the lowest number of boxes/corp facilities in the league. Just increasing this will be a huge new revenue stream for the club - plus the new ground will be far more amenable to hosting non-football events to further increase income.

Still. Prices will go up, that's just an inevitability.

The way the game is heading mate, the cost of attending a game will be the same price as a season ticket shortly, season tickets in fact may become a thing of the past.

Football will become a premium event to attend, while media will become far more accessible then it is at the moment, because of it. I suspect you will be able to buy a season ticket to watch Everton on TV in the years ahead.

In 10 years time people will go on about the good old days of being able to attend a game most weeks.

People were spending £500 a couple of weeks ago on Oasis tickets, when there becomes a consensus of American owners in the PL and we aren’t far off that - then we will see similar price structures as the NFL.

People will lap it up, there are cohorts out there who are just event junkies.

No doubt mate, however if you look at trends we are one of the cheapest to go watch a PL match, that’s about to change, people talk about progress and being run like a modern PL business - there are downsides to that from a fan perspective also.

When people talk of the uptake in revenue at the new ground, where do people think that’s going to come from, it will be increased prices across the board.

If Everton are clever given the roots of our fan base, that will be done slowly and incrementally over the five years, hook people into the new ground, better product, get comfortable and raise by 5-10% every year.

Not commenting on the morality of that - I’m just saying this is nailed on what will happen and always was going to no matter who the owner was.
One good thing about Everton is that monthly deal they do where if they do put the price up at least it’s spread over so many payments

I'm holding my breath until every last peice of paper is signed, the premier league have given the go ahead and anything else that needs to happen is done and they are in the buidling!

Then, I might allow a slight smile
I am already smiling, then I think of Dyche....well you know how it is !!!

I expect Thelwell to stay for a bit longer - provided we have a stable model and everything, he knows how this works and is clearly at least decent at his job.

He does it well, of course not every transfer works, but does any DOF have 100% success rate?

Also he was important to build that young team with a lot of Portuguese players at Wolves, some of them like Jota, Neto and Nunes were sold for a big amount.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back