Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 770 71.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 263 24.5%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.6%

• Total voters
Is there another instance you have issue with him for other than the statement that the stadium was fully financed?

I have an issue with Chong also because he disingenuously claimed over headlock gate 14 January 2023 that people "misunderstood" and got it wrong on what the club published and/or briefed journalists. He claimed that to the BBC October 2023

Nobody misunderstood or got it wrong and Ian Wright and others have told everyone what went on. Plus them verbally briefing things in the press room so it wasn't in the written record. Dirty tricks

@GrandOldTeam called it "the games the game" but I look at it as a need to hold people to account

The fact that Friedkins are coming in finally brings that accountability to the club

They can come in and get people unworthy of being at the club, out

I have an issue with Chong also because he disingenuously claimed over headlock gate 14 January 2023 that people "misunderstood" and got it wrong on what the club published and/or briefed journalists. He claimed that to the BBC October 2023

Nobody misunderstood or got it wrong and Ian Wright and others have told everyone what went on. Plus them verbally briefing things in the press room so it wasn't in the written record. Dirty tricks

@GrandOldTeam called it "the games the game" but I look at it as a need to hold people to account

The fact that Friedkins are coming in finally brings that accountability to the club

They can come in and get people unworthy of being at the club, out
I mean who really cares. £760m or £800m. Makes no difference really. Certainly doesn’t bother TFG.

For someone that doesn’t care and isn’t bothered, you seem very flustered about all.

You just keep picking board members to have a go at. But it’s on Moshiri at the end of the day, not on Chong. Who was clearly the only one willing to step up to be CEO when the club was divebombing itself.

It's a number included in a quasi judicial arbitration process. It was a number claimed by Everton Football Club and which was "uncontested" by the Premier League and the Appeal Board.

Hence it is TRUE.

There is only one truth. This isn't the quantum world and it's not a Schrodinger's cat situation. Where two things can be true at the same time. This is not zealotry. It's fact. We know the stadium cost as of the end of last year was >£800 million

Also you're the same poster that said Textor could use blind trusts to take over and wouldn't accept the rules don't allow it. You took that personally too. You never accept anything that doesn't suit you.

Stop deflecting and trying to protect your precious board members from criticism.

It's ridiculous how some like you take it personally when that happens. Is it any wonder the club has got in the situation it has?

The sooner Friedkins bring in their people the better.

The Friedkins have a rebuilding job at the corporate level. They need to bring in their own people so we get some integrity back into the corporate part of the club

Can you please provide us with a list of what you think is included in 'the stadium costs'?

I mean who really cares. £760m or £800m. Makes no difference really. Certainly doesn’t bother TFG.

For someone that doesn’t care and isn’t bothered, you seem very flustered about all.

You just keep picking board members to have a go at. But it’s on Moshiri at the end of the day, not on Chong. Who was clearly the only one willing to step up to be CEO when the club was divebombing itself.

It matters because as I previously posted the club denied the costs increased to £760 m both the FAB and the media.

Then admitted and actually presented they were > £800 m to the Premier League Appeals Board.

I posted the links to the sources of both things earlier

The fact you/others keep disputing says there is a fundamental reluctance to accept the truth and reality here

It matters because of holding people to account

It matters because when Friedkin remove people from the club, people will complain about it whilst denying those very realities

It matters because as I previously posted the club denied the costs increased to £760 m both the FAB and the media.

Then admitted and actually presented they were > £800 m to the Premier League Appeals Board.

The fact you/others keep disputing says there is a fundamental reluctance to accept the truth and reality here

It matters because when Friedkin remove people from the club, people will complain about it whilst denying those very realities
The denied the build costs have gone up 50%. The construction costs have remained the same from the original agreement. There was a variable rate between floor and ceiling price but that was budgeted for by the club. The £760m and £800m are overall project costs. But as they stated, the construction costs have remained as per agreement with LOR. The build costs and project costs are different things.

‘The cost of the new stadium has not risen by 50 percent. The construction costs of the stadium have not changed. In April 2022, the club signed an agreement with Laing O’Rourke that provided cost certainty on the stadium. A figure was referenced recently by Moshiri which considered the costs not just associated with the build of the stadium but also the planning and preparatory stages of the project, financing, ancillary, and potential developments in the local area. As per the budget the club has in place for the project, there has been no change in the costs of constructing the stadium.”

Ultimately I don’t care though. 50m, 100m, 200m, makes no odds. TFG are still buying us. Chong is the least of our worries.

Last edited:

I think you've more than made your point.

Intentionally or not you are taking over this thread on a single issue, just leave it now and let's move onto another takeover related topic

I think you've more than made your point.

Intentionally or not you are taking over this thread on a single issue, just leave it now and let's move onto another takeover related topic

It seems that he is trying to control what people say and do.

Rather bad form for an open forum.

I'm hoping the new ownership brings a bright new commercial team with new ideas to the fore front.

IMG_0535.webp

Damo are you being a troll, stupid or naive? Or all of the above. For the gods sake man, stfu, you (and one or two others) sound like a stuck record - just leave it. Things change in multi million business; especially with projections. Please stop for the good of the children, and Matty. ;)

Love love love

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back