Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Friedkin Group reaches agreement to buy Everton

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 776 71.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 264 24.5%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 3.6%

• Total voters

Last one was Mykolenko.

Reckon I'd find a post on here or social media a good week before he signed about him :lol:

[Edit] Here's Zat talking about rumours before he asigned;

Mykolenko could be a good signing if were able to move Digne out for £10-15mil more.

He looks like an actual LB version of Godfrey (aggressive, physical, quick, athletic) and being left footed would add balance to the defence.

Digne out and Mykolenko in also replaces a 28 year old with a 22 year old.

If Benitez can then bring in a right back with the same traits we could look a bit tighter and simply harder to beat.

Was saying on here months ago when was the last time there was a transfer out the blue.

Very rarely happens - always figured too many involved, too many leaks. Club comms departments are massive etc.

….in a way, this latest Friedkin development came out the blue. I know it was reported they had reignited their interest just as a few posters predicted but to see reports on Monday morning that it was virtually a done deal came as a bit of a surprise.

….in a way, this latest Friedkin development came out the blue. I know it was reported they had reignited their interest just as a few posters predicted but to see reports on Monday morning that it was virtually a done deal came as a bit of a surprise.

Maybe, though we know takeover decisions move rapidly when they do. A lot has been said about how quick Moshiri tookover when people were banging on about them Americans who were also linked with Swansea. At the time - everyone's favourite commentator actually told us that was done and he'd seen the contract - next day Moshiri takes over :lol:

@Groucho the other day was saying one morning we'll just wake up "We’ll wake up one day and Friedkin will have been announced with the corner flag photo on the OS" - he wasn't far wrong...

I guess it depends on what you consider out of the blue. I feel like a few of our more recent transfers were only rumoured very close to them happening, as opposed to the customary 3 week ordeal.

Reckon I'd find a post on here or social media a good week before he signed about him :lol:

[Edit] Here's Zat talking about rumours before he asigned;
We were linked in August 2020. Which I’m sure coincides with something brands said once that he had been scouted for a while (essentially saying he wasn’t a Benitez signing).

But prior to deal being agreed in the December, there was very little noise about it.

IMG_4122.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back