THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
I had a girl who joined are working called aofie. I was calling her A o fie for abar 2 months until I heard someone say how it should be. Embarrassing

Hahahaha. I went the gym still a bit half drunk from the night before a few months ack and she was in there and like a school child I was doing some chest and let out a loud "Ayooofa" but I was lying down so don't know if she noticed. Laughed my head off.

87kg
Not sure about the body fat ratio I don't really care either I go the gym to see Aoife. She doesn't know this.

Nah in all seriousness I've got no interest in BMI, body fat ratios and all that. I do my workout and get off. Rarely bother with protein shakes, I prefer fruit and greek yoghurt. Not into gym selfies or carrying carpets round under me arms and trying to make sure I've got the biggest plastic cup in the area. headphones in and get a sweat on. No fuss, no frills, no bills.

Haha imagine a gym where nobody wore bills. A nudist gym. I reckon there would be a market for that. Wouldn't get me in there like this is twice I've mentioned nakedness in the gym in here.
Was just thinking about the second paragraph there and I reckon if a mens fitness magazine told me to stay off protein and eat carbs only to get massive and ripped I probably would.

I’ve never actually trained without protein so I don’t know how much of a difference it makes. I just listen to so called professionals and believe what they tell me.

Was just thinking about the second paragraph there and I reckon if a mens fitness magazine told me to stay off protein and eat carbs only to get massive and ripped I probably would.

I’ve never actually trained without protein so I don’t know how much of a difference it makes. I just listen to so called professionals and believe what they tell me.
If you wanna shed weight look into 16/8 fasting during week days. Wish I’d found it years earlier.

I’ve done the below 500 calories a day for 4 out of 7 days a week fasting. Done it for a few weeks but ended up getting pished on the days I wasn’t fasting lol
If you don’t make diets achievable then they fail. Be good during the week, eat and drink what you want on the weekend if that’s your thing. When you find yourself “choosing” to eat healthy on the weekend is when you know you got it licked.

If you don’t make diets achievable then they fail. Be good during the week, eat and drink what you want on the weekend if that’s your thing. When you find yourself “choosing” to eat healthy on the weekend is when you know you got it licked.
I’m going to look at the 18/6 fasting mate.

I read a book on fasting by Michael Mosley. That’s how I started doing it. Think it was 800 calories and not 500 to be fair lol. I done it during the first lockdown. Lost a fair bit of weight and wasn’t working out.

How do you find your energy levels when fasting and working out? Or do you not workout on the days of fasting?

I’m going to look at the 18/6 fasting mate.

I read a book on fasting by Michael Mosley. That’s how I started doing it. Think it was 800 calories and not 500 to be fair lol. I done it during the first lockdown. Lost a fair bit of weight and wasn’t working out.

How do you find your energy levels when fasting and working out? Or do you not workout on the days of fasting?
Is right. To be honest I’m probably somewhere more like 18/6 in reality.

I train right at the end of fasting to drive the ketosis and push myself. Was hard at first but sound now, I think you do lose a little top end on big push sessions but I’m used to it. I bolt a 15/20 cardio on the bed of mist sessions and notice it better on there, I don’t get acid or feel bloated so that bit’s easier. Suppose it will vary person by person, and then there’s the science.

That’s why I’m black coffee before as it doesn’t break the fast.

I eat a lot of protein don't get me wrong, just not bothered about shakes etc.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back