THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
l'm 66 , skinny , fit but a weakling when it comes to weights , my skeleton is not up to it , arms like twigs but I can run , did a 5k on a treadmill last year in 26 mins without any training bar dog walking , always been quick , never put any weight on whatever I eat or drink . Have always wanted to bulk up a bit but it doesn't happen and things have started to hurt when I overdo it now .

Cardio is as good in the gym as any weights man. Whatever you do to make your pulse quicken and build that fitness is the best investment you can make.

Just gonna say I hope all the blerts who wear vests get absolutely savaged in the changees by purple aki.

A close mate was stalked by Purps in his power lifting days. I enjoy watching him go quiet when his name is ever brought up.

Aye same mate. Yoga is absolutely solid, big up all them devotees out there they got some strength and endurance. You got to find the yogi that suits you before you get into it. My ultimate crush in the world is a girl called Adrienne (don’t you dare look at her like they you slags) so used here on YouTube. If you’ve got an Apple Watch then their fitness add on is really good for yoga and all other workouts.

It’s something that compliments lifting weighs and something that I reckon we could all benefit from, should we be able bodied, as we get older. Worth persisting with I reckon.

Don’t ego lift bro. Depends doesn’t it, I like going to a gym as once you’re there you can’t slack really. It’s like going to work for an hour but something you enjoy. Plus you got all the equipment you need at a fully functioning gym whereas a home gym will have understandable trade offs.
Chico you naughty boy pipeing the Texan Adrienne , she is cute though. Shame about her chakra's and vinyasa's

Aye same mate. Yoga is absolutely solid, big up all them devotees out there they got some strength and endurance. You got to find the yogi that suits you before you get into it. My ultimate crush in the world is a girl called Adrienne (don’t you dare look at her like they you slags) so used here on YouTube. If you’ve got an Apple Watch then their fitness add on is really good for yoga and all other workouts.

It’s something that compliments lifting weighs and something that I reckon we could all benefit from, should we be able bodied, as we get older. Worth persisting with I reckon.

Don’t ego lift bro. Depends doesn’t it, I like going to a gym as once you’re there you can’t slack really. It’s like going to work for an hour but something you enjoy. Plus you got all the equipment you need at a fully functioning gym whereas a home gym will have understandable trade offs.
I've been a gym devotee from my teens , now in my 60s.

I play competitive table tennis 3 times a week and after a diagnosis of spondylitis been practicing yoga for the last 25years.

It's all good guys. Chico is right , exercise is wonderful for you.

I've been a gym devotee from my teens , now in my 60s.

I play competitive table tennis 3 times a week and after a diagnosis of spondylitis been practicing yoga for the last 25years.

It's all good guys. Chico is right , exercise is wonderful for you.
Is right mate. Love to read stuff like this. Wellness through moving. How is the yoga serving you? I’m doing to compliment weights as getting too many strains and little injuries now.

Is right mate. Love to read stuff like this. Wellness through moving. How is the yoga serving you? I’m doing to compliment weights as getting too many strains and little injuries now.
The yoga is wonderful for core and preventing injuries Chico. The mental side of it doesn't do much for me.

Yoga is a wonderful compliment to other sport - it seems Ryan Giggs got something right.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back