THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
The garage thing would be sound. If it works for you mate then be all over it. Private work outs on tap is ace. Would cost a bit like but depends on what you like best.
All you need is a pair of dumbbells; you can do most things then (except pull-ups, struggling to replace those).

Haven't been in a gym since the pandemic began, but do loads more than I ever used to with my dumbbells in the garden

Aye same mate. Yoga is absolutely solid, big up all them devotees out there they got some strength and endurance. You got to find the yogi that suits you before you get into it. My ultimate crush in the world is a girl called Adrienne (don’t you dare look at her like they you slags) so used here on YouTube. If you’ve got an Apple Watch then their fitness add on is really good for yoga and all other workouts.

It’s something that compliments lifting weighs and something that I reckon we could all benefit from, should we be able bodied, as we get older. Worth persisting with I reckon.

Don’t ego lift bro. Depends doesn’t it, I like going to a gym as once you’re there you can’t slack really. It’s like going to work for an hour but something you enjoy. Plus you got all the equipment you need at a fully functioning gym whereas a home gym will have understandable trade offs.
I follow hers as well; she is the best

Who doesn't love a Texan girl

I’ve been building out my home gym over the past couple years. Barbells, dumbbells, an elliptical for cardio.
Anyway, I have $500 from my employer to spend on wellness.
Any advice on what to get? I was thinking about a kettlebell set and a new bench

Not quite the same, but for the cost of putting a heavy gym together I'd look at getting a PT. Someone to stop me being a fanny when my arms/legs start wobbling.
Starting to get to a level of weight now where I feel a little bit uneasy doing it on my own in case I injure myself lol

So I think I'll be getting a PT soon. Had some PT on and off during the worst parts of the pandemic and found it ace. A bit expensive but if you're going to spunk money then do it on something that improves your health - that's my excuse anyway.

Oh and yes I echo the ones who struggle with nutrition. I was trying to keep my calories down to about 2100 per day but found I'd be absolutely starving at bed time and then would just wolf down a ton of food before bed until I felt full.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back