THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
I’ve been building out my home gym over the past couple years. Barbells, dumbbells, an elliptical for cardio.
Anyway, I have $500 from my employer to spend on wellness.
Any advice on what to get? I was thinking about a kettlebell set and a new bench
What type of goals do you have from your personal fitness mate?

By the way can highly recommend the 16/8 intermittent fasting thing as part of anyones fit your clothes better regime. You get used to it in time so stick at it.
I'm on it.

It's basically "just skip breakfast and have dinner earlier you tit", the diet. As is keto really - all aim at caloric deficit.

Also this is probably the 4th chico gym thread I've seen on here in my time. He defo wants to touch people's biceps.

Waste of money in all honesty.

I used them for years and @Bruce Wayne would ridicule me. When I finally stopped I noticed no difference.

Huel is a good supplement.
Cuz you've already bulked TO THE MAX LAD

I use em now (again) and honestly - they're a supplement. If you don't do the rest - they're just that, a bit of protein to better balance the diet.
I know it sounds dumb but I genuinely know people who think that cuz of the protein powder you'd be massive or something instantly. Aye, like if you eat a good steak - you instantly become Arnold because of the 20g of protein.

I'm also badly out of shape currently so started going again recently - lucky for me a gym opened literally 50m from me, so now I keep running out of excuses not to go ffs

These are the people I love in the gym, racking the weight with no form and no idea, then…POW

leg-gone-byebyeleg-leg.gif

The daughter and I work out twice a week with a PT. She pays instead of giving me any board. I hate every freaking second of the yime we are there. Until the end and then I feel like "hey you did that. You can do it" and feel quite proud of myself. I would not do it on my own, I wouldn't push myself like the PT does.I'm definitely fitter but not skinnier.

Joined a gym a few years ago. It was a new facility, apparently clean. After two months I got a bad throat infection. Took a short break then went back again. Two months later got another throat infection, same thing, took a break, went back and two months later got another throat infection. Put two and two together and stopped going. Haven't had a throat infection since. Obviously gyms aren't my thing.

I’ve been building out my home gym over the past couple years. Barbells, dumbbells, an elliptical for cardio.
Anyway, I have $500 from my employer to spend on wellness.
Any advice on what to get? I was thinking about a kettlebell set and a new bench

Suspension training is pretty good if you got enough floor space, quite versatile core/bodyweight training, and shouldn't be too expensive to get a decent setup.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back