The Illicit Power of Our Overpaid and Underachieving Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good enough for what though? They've shown they're good enough for midtable/top 10 and nothing more. That's your basis to start from.

The whole point from last season is that we missed out on a top 7 finish by 3 points. Surely its a case of adding and adapting to improve from last season?

Benitez dropped the ball. He went backwards on every stat going because he wants to put his own stamp on things. The problem is...he's now a terrible manager to do such a thing.

Exactly, I guess my expectations are too high.

You’re right we were close, but then the players absolutely lost the plot. I’d be interested to see how many points we actually accrued across the entire 2021 calendar year.

The fact that these players were in the hunt for the Champions League and couldn’t step it up against the likes of Sheffield United with a highly respected manager in Ancelotti, speaks volumes. Why were they going to for a washed up Benitez?

But yeah, I agree we need to add but then rid ourselves of the mess. But who’s taking Michael Keane and the likes? How do you keep Mina fit? I wish it was as simple as you’ve made it, but this is deep rooted.

Ancelotti didn’t have Richarlison (c50%) Mina (65%) and DCL (80%) unavailable for the most part. Our three best players, critical to any system we would play.

When he didn't have those players available...he changed the system to accommodate. Especially at the back.

Raffa didn't. That is the issue.

The clubs been going downhill since we signed Keane and Voldemort,

This summer we need to get rid of all the slackers and wasters a d start again.
Iwobi, Tosun, Keane, Coleman, Delph, Mina, Rondon, Voldemort just to start. Would vastly improve the squad just getting rid of them

After reading various threads since yesterday‘s game, especially this one, the only logical conclusion I can come to is that Dave’s GOT account has been hacked by the Raffatolla himself

He’s not the right man for the job, never was, Mosh‘s worst mistake this appointment, but at least it seems even he can see that now!

In a way getting Benitez out will have the positive effect of getting rid of the literal red rag to bulls amongst the fan base. Some people have become so obsessed by their hatred of him that they’re ignoring Everton defenders sabotaging the club week after week. Hopefully if he does leave we can get onto the critical issues that need resolving.

Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny Davies Delph Iwobi Siggurdson all need to leave the club as a starting point. Get these clowns out and at least give a manager a chance.

Gomes is on borrowed time as his consistency is absolutely wretched. Him and Docuoure were awful yesterday, awful.
Hilarious putting these 3 here considering ones injured, ones on another continent playing in a tournament and the other hasn’t played since the last game of last season

The other bolded point is utter bollocks, defensively we’ve been shocking because of a piss poor set up yet people like you still refuse to put any level of blame on the man behind the tactics

Exactly, I guess my expectations are too high.

You’re right we were close, but then the players absolutely lost the plot. I’d be interested to see how many points we actually accrued across the entire 2021 calendar year.

The fact that these players were in the hunt for the Champions League and couldn’t step it up against the likes of Sheffield United with a highly respected manager in Ancelotti, speaks volumes. Why were they going to for a washed up Benitez?

But yeah, I agree we need to add but then rid ourselves of the mess. But who’s taking Michael Keane and the likes? How do you keep Mina fit? I wish it was as simple as you’ve made it, but this is deep rooted.

Which is the whole point. Carlo knew what the next steps were. Last season was the limit for that squad. Losing to Sheff United etc and having a shocking home record are areas you look to improve.

The minute Carlo went...that all went out the window.

It's not even about winning games under Raffa, is the manor of the losses. You could argue if we were losing by narrow margins, looked like a unit, but just didn't have the pieces to get over the line in a new system...seeds of change can be seen.

That didn't happen. 16 goals conceded in 7 games. 27 in 13. The basics weren't there

Status
Not open for further replies.