The Journos getting worried about Everton challenging the Top 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who gives a feck? The thread title belongs on RAWK - 'They've all got it in for us.'

There's an undeniable definite bias against us. There certainly isn't with Liverpool, given that every channel that shows football on tv employs a gazillion different ex-LFC players as pundits.

I can see journalists having credible doubts that we will finish above Arsenal, City, Chelsea, but they always lump the RS in with that group, ignoring that we have finished above them the past two years, and that they have won the same amount of PL titles as my left nut. If we finished above the RS for two years running, why is it so unlikely to happen again?

A credible assessment would be:

"Everton, despite their fine form, and league low one loss, are unlikely to finish above Chelsea, City, or Arsenal. Such clubs are already above Everton, have deeper and more credentialed sides, and have for many years bettered the blue half of Merseyside. This does, however, leave Everton as a viable candidate for 4th. They have finished above Liverpool two years running, so why not a third? Their current point totals are nearly identical. Spurs have dug themselves a bit of a hole and are on poor form. While they have a deeper squad than Everton, they seem unable to field an eleven any better than Everton's best. As for United, they are of course a threat to kick on and pass Everton, but they also have some climbing to do, and it should not surprise anyone that they would be suffering a post-Sir Alex hangover. And for those that have been watching closely, they no longer field a dominant team when it matters. The bottom line is that top 3 is unlikely for Everton, but one would be foolish to view them as underdogs for 4th."

Why the f--k can't a journalist write this???

I can see journalists having credible doubts that we will finish above Arsenal, City, Chelsea, but they always lump the RS in with that group, ignoring that we have finished above them the past two years, and that they have won the same amount of PL titles as my left nut. If we finished above the RS for two years running, why is it so unlikely to happen again?

"Everton, despite their fine form, and league low one loss, are unlikely to finish above Chelsea, City, or Arsenal. Such clubs are already above Everton, have deeper and more credentialed sides, and have for many years bettered the blue half of Merseyside. This does, however, leave Everton as a viable candidate for 4th. They have finished above Liverpool two years running, so why not a third? Their current point totals are nearly identical. Spurs have dug themselves a bit of a hole and are on poor form. While they have a deeper squad than Everton, they seem unable to field an eleven any better than Everton's best. As for United, they are of course a threat to kick on and pass Everton, but they also have some climbing to do, and it should not surprise anyone that they would be suffering a post-Sir Alex hangover. And for those that have been watching closely, they no longer field a dominant team when it matters. The bottom line is that top 3 is unlikely for Everton, but one would be foolish to view them as underdogs for 4th."

Because that would involve a journo telling the truth!

It is near Xmas so is that time of the year to knock Everton??

The journo also seems to not realise all those top clubs have more games against each other to be played yet singles out Everton.

Because the majority of their readers don't want to hear this. Mainstream media readers are like mushrooms; they require being kept in the dark and fed a lot of ****.

What's the old adage : Those who don't read papers are uninformed. Those that do are misinformed.

Footy journos are often footy fans. When my dad used to work for a national newspaper, he used to sneak an Everton story in every day...

Funny how he's tried to word it so that eight sounds considerably less than ten.

They also fail to mention the players we took on last minute are the players playing a major role in pushing us to a top 4 finish. No surprise our worst period of the season was our first 3 games when we didn't have them in our team

Don't expect anything other than crap from The Guardian because it's only written for the PC, liberal pinkos from north London (you know, the ones who like to dictate to everyone how to run their lives, and then do the complete opposite themselves).

That said, I'd rather read a Guardian sports article ahead of one from The Sun anyday. As if the childish and pathetic banner headlines aren't enough, the pro Big-4 love-in promulgated by "journalists" like Custis & Howard is vomit inducing. They should take a few cues from their TV journalist compatriot, Ally Ross. Calls a spade a spade and absolutely hilarious with it.

Funny this, can't wait 'till we get top 4. First thing I'm going to do is call talk**** up and laugh at them, remember when we got Martinez and Bill said he said that he would get Everton into the top 4 and talk**** were basically continuously laughing at us...CAN'T F*CKIN WAIT.

Don't expect anything other than crap from The Guardian because it's only written for the PC, liberal pinkos from north London (you know, the ones who like to dictate to everyone how to run their lives, and then do the complete opposite themselves).

What an ignoramus.

Must have heard that clicHe on talkSPORT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back