The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's lots more to be done before the end of the transfer window right across the premiership. I still believe it only takes one or maybe two big signings in the league to create the momentum necessary for other transfers to develop. For example, Sunderland now have 18m plus to spend. If they buy 2 or 3 PREMIERSHIP players with that, it may just start a merry-go-round as certain players will become surplus to requirements at their current club. We may become part of this by either picking up a player or two who ends up in this position OR maybe we end up selling a player to a club who finds themselves needing replacements themselves. Purely hypothetically, lets say Gary Cahill goes from Bolton for 20 odd million to say Arsenal. Bolton then slam in a bid of 11 million for Heitinga as his replacement which we quite rightly agree to. Heitinga agrees to go providing he is made captain, is paid 85k per week and is allowed to talk about his desire to leave for another club any time a journo is in spitting distance. Job done, we have spends because of 1 transfer. Sorry if this is long winded but I hope this makes sense. Bottom line, we have to wait for other moves elsewhere before we can do a bloody thing. What Sunderland do with their 20 odd million may even involve us somewhere down the line. A lot can happen still. Big week ahead.

Just on another note, re: Newbies being made welcome. I got nothing but welcoming feedback off the old heads on here after I made my first post a few days ago (Thank you Neiler for your notification by the way - I stumbled across it recently) just wanted to say I appreciate it. It was good of you all to do that. Cheers

I think people underestimate him in centre midfeild and due to the years him and Arteta/ Gravesen had to play alongside Carlsey they all got tarred with the same brush, that they couldn't play in a 4/4/2, whilst IMO it was always carsley who couldn't play it.

I've never been Cahill's biggest fan but this year he's proved to me he's techincally better than he is given credit for. I think he's exactly what we need next to Fellaini, he's a niggly [Poor language removed] who'll get stuckk in and has a drive and a will to win, he's the one player our plaeyrs look to for inspiration and as he has proven lots of times when moved into the middle he still brings the same goal threat from there aka Arsenal at home.

I'd give him a run there, play Arteta out wide and invest all our pennies / resources into signing a striker to play in a 4/4/2, a striker is the one player we are desperate for.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So, no Dale Jennings as predicted by That Twit, on Twitter.

There is still time, we all know how Davey likes to draw out transfer talks! Everton were probably negotiating the loan deal for Eric Dier just after he graduated from pre-school :(

New Posters welcome welcome,just take a little longer to write the same **** as we do.cry , jump up and down,Join Moyes out thread,Snides out post script ,and LCAB is to lazy to write the Sunday sermon even on a Tuesday.:P A part from these few oddballs and:dodgy: new mods its a great forum(y)PLAY BILY

I think people underestimate him in centre midfield and due to the years him and Arteta/ Gravesen had to play alongside Carlsey they all got tarred with the same brush, that they couldn't play in a 4/4/2, whilst IMO it was always carsley who couldn't play it.

I've never been Cahill's biggest fan but this year he's proved to me he's technically better than he is given credit for. I think he's exactly what we need next to Fellaini, he's a niggly [Poor language removed] who'll get stuck in and has a drive and a will to win, he's the one player our players look to for inspiration and as he has proven lots of times when moved into the middle he still brings the same goal threat from there aka Arsenal at home.

I'd give him a run there, play Arteta out wide and invest all our pennies / resources into signing a striker to play in a 4/4/2, a striker is the one player we are desperate for.

Well in Boris mate. I've said for ages Timmy can play in there. How about trying Arteta in the Pienaar role ? What do people reckon ?

It's getting worse isn't it!?

I've heard a few rumours today (Vela and Tuncay). None of them with any substance at all.

So with that in mind I think it's 94.3333333333339% certain we won't sign a single first team ready player in this transfer window.

Humph

Mate even I'm up to 73% !!!

Well in Boris mate. I've said for ages Timmy can play in there. How about trying Arteta in the Pienaar role ? What do people reckon ?

I reckon it's a good idea. Arteta is more gifted than Pienaar, and he's a right footed central player, like Pienaar. Plus he badly needs a change.

Arteta on the left, Bily on the right, Osman and Felli in the center, Coleman at RB and RFUS for Everton manager.

I reckon it's a good idea. Arteta is more gifted than Pienaar, and he's a right footed central player, like Pienaar. Plus he badly needs a change.

Arteta on the left, Bily on the right, Osman and Felli in the center, Coleman at RB and RFUS for Everton manager.

Nar mate, i think THT was thinking more along the lines of having Cahill in the middle with Felli when he gets back and shifting Arteta over to the left to link up with Baines, maybe Osman can fill in for now but i'd probably stick with Arteta and put Bily on left.

Nar mate, i think THT was thinking more along the lines of having Cahill in the middle with Felli when he gets back and shifting Arteta over to the left to link up with Baines, maybe Osman can fill in for now but i'd probably stick with Arteta and put Bily on left.

RFUS, Aidey has hit the nail on the head !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back