The Moyes legacy: reflections.

Any regret on being anti Moyes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
I can’t get his big grin running up the steps to take the United job while still Everton manager but I have to put my petty nature and spite away to think more reasonably.

Let’s be honest Everton have never replaced him and there’s lessons in that to use as a platform for fixing the club in the future. Moyes’ style of pragmatism works much better at generating authenticity with the fanbase. His hard working point to prove signings and his crushing of ego for the good of the team works infinitely better than Everton’s experiment at being rich and signing fancy bums.

Which begs the question, do some of those who cried for his departure and perhaps - some would say hastened it - now feel any remorse.

Evertonians begged for wealth and it left us open to a predators who have poisoned us from within.

No poll, only humility and openness here.

Don't think we had a chance of keeping moyes when United came calling really.

What he showed is, that sticking with the manager when they finish 17th can help create consistency and stability for many years to come. So it's in Franks hands now.

Enter in the fact people would be ridiculed when they would put forward his name to come back to everton for everytime we were in the manager search. If these people feel remorse. Its a very recent epiphany.

I’ll never forget the great times we had under our David. A fantastic FA cup final loss, losing the semi final to Liverpool despite dominating the game, playing out reserves at Anfield, all them trips away to the top 4 clubs and not once getting a win. A truly fantastic manager, one of the greats of modern football.

Chico reminds me of Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore

6bpm5s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.