The next manager appointment (new thread)

The next manager appointment

• David Moyes

Votes: 103 21.4%
  • Carlos Corberan

Votes: 76 15.8%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 49 10.2%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 62 12.9%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Abel Ferreira

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

• Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Davide Ancelotti

Votes: 54 11.2%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 17 3.5%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Sergio Conceicao

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Roger Schmidt

• Edin Terzic

Votes: 14 2.9%
  • Kasper Hjulmand

• Christian Streich

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • A caretaker like Big Sam, Warnock etc

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Mister X not mentioned

Votes: 48 10.0%

• Total voters
The change will have to be gradual especially as we're going to be bringing in a different profile of player,which is why I'd go with Thomas Frank for the first couple of years.

I think he'll lay good foundation.
I'm not convinced Frank is a step on from Dyche. You have to at least give Dyche his due and point out he finished above Frank last season despite 8 points taken off.

Corberan seems like a good fit in this matter. Started very pragmatic there, but with every window he transformed it more and more to a fluid style. I read there is another development in style comparing to last season.

The transfer window seemed to work out pretty well. Reduced the wage bill, reduced the age of the squad, arguably improved the squad, definitely improved the balance in the squad overall under financial restrictions if I am informed rightly.

@Littlesue as a fan can maybe correct, clarify or add to it.
This is correct, for the first half season he was here he had to carry on with Steve Bruce's squad, Bruce not known for being strict in training and only having them in 3 times a week. Corberan the opposite and the players had to get used to his strict routine. Last season he had no budget and same players so had them playing to a more defensive approach as the main 2 strikers were injured. This season he playing more attacking as he been allowed to bring in a couple of players he wants due to getting rid of the big earners. This season we 15th in the Championship for spending over the summer but top of the league so obviously doing something right

You can only work with the tools you are given and I don’t think Sarri could come in and suddenly make a team that has struggled to complete 5 yard passes for almost a decade now suddenly play some great attractive style of football.

Add the fact that the club aren’t able to bring in new players who can due to the league hating them and years of terrible scouting, recruiting and development staff and you’re going to get Martinez’s last year on steroids with relegation level dross.

I honestly think the clubs salvation will be going down in a sexy new stadium and being forced to nuke absolutely every facet of the metaphysical “Everton”.

….surprised he hasn’t got his own thread;

IMG_0329.webp

I'm not convinced Frank is a step on from Dyche. You have to at least give Dyche his due and point out he finished above Frank last season despite 8 points taken off.
Thomas Frank would be a bad, bad appointment, totally not what's needed imo, the style is no different from Dyche's, they just have slightly better players in certain positions but Brentford are dull as hell to watch at times.

….same could be said for Dyche.
Dyche is absolutely useless but everybody knew that when he was appointed. I assume the powers that be figured he can get something out of a terrible squad based on reputation which didn’t pan out the last couple of times they did it

If the Sarri conjecture is true, expect massive turnover in the playing staff next summer. I think this has to happen anyway because of the contract situations of our players, but Sarri isn't coming here to manage Michael Keane and Jack Harrison, no more than he is coming to manage at Goodison.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back