The next manager appointment (new thread)

The next manager appointment

• David Moyes

Votes: 87 26.0%
  • Carlos Corberan

Votes: 57 17.1%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 29 8.7%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Abel Ferreira

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

• Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Davide Ancelotti

Votes: 44 13.2%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Sergio Conceicao

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Roger Schmidt

• Edin Terzic

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kasper Hjulmand

• Christian Streich

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • A caretaker like Big Sam, Warnock etc

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Mister X not mentioned

Votes: 24 7.2%

• Total voters

Yeah. If rumors were to be believed, Davide took the majority of coaching sessions.
The players seemed to like him.
The thing about Ancelotti snr was that he could get a team to play as a team but also let players play to their strengts.
Sure the football wasnt the prettiest at times but it was clear he knew what he was working with.
He knew the team needed a player like James and he made sure everyone did their part to accommodate someone like that.
It was the first and last time in donkeys years I enjoyed watching Everton play for a prolonged period.
Sure we played like a bunch of yard dogs at times but magic could happen.
If he's anything like his dad, get him in.
It wasn't all roses mate. I remember struggling at home to score and losing narrowly to back then already relegated Fulham and Sheffield United

It wasn't all roses mate. I remember struggling at home to score and losing narrowly to back then already relegated Fulham and Sheffield United
Yup, I alluded to that in my post.
Not all roses by any means.
In Hind sight tho, it's seems like the wheels came off after the anfield win. I wonder how much of it was down to the squad knowing the Ancelottis were leaving.
Still. I totally get that things werent always great.
But the stuff that was good, was very good.

Never go back to managers/players you've seen before, they are expected to live up to their past reputation and it never ends well.

Time has moved on for Bielsa, Potter etc.
it's more about the style of football that entertains and makes you want to watch.

Even Carsley with all the resources available and high intensity play had people throwing paper planes from the stands.

High intensity means high attrition which only works well with a capable strong squad.

Horses for courses, we'll have to play safe and stick with what we've got and Dyche until the ownership and ground move are sorted out whatever, anyways.

None of the ones listed for me yet.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back