The official deadline day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Adams: Johnny Heitinga has arrived at Everton's training ground for talks. It looks like those earlier reports in Spain suggesting he was not keen to go to England were wide of the mark. However, it does not look like the Toffees will be signing Ever Banega from Valencia.

Favourite Transfer Window Spoofs

"None of our top players are for sale" - They arent/werent. They/He wanted to go. Not true. Moyes revealed he'd have taken the money eventually offered in June ideally. So he was for sale.

"I make the decisions at this club" - Probably does. Not where it matters he doesn't - as per his comment on Sunday that he needs to press the board to invest more.

"We absolutely recognise the need to strengthen - we are fiercely ambitious" - FAIL

"We'll do our business early this year" - FAIL

Banega permit cart before horse fiasco - FAIL

We have Naughton - We did....but there's a man called Harry Redknapp who likes to hijack deals when he's not sinking his old club. Then dont announce a deal is sorted until he's signed and sealed.

Two in the next 48 hours - He did say "hopefully". Yes.

"Thanks to chairman Bill Kenwright the best deal possible was secured with Manchester City. - £24mill wasnt any good? It's not the cost of Lescott that's the issue. Claiming that Kenwright was instrumental in the price going up for selling a player in a transfer window when he and the rest of his boardroom waxwork dummies have failed Moyes (again) was crass beyond belief.[/QUOTE]

Not true. Moyes revealed he'd have taken the money eventually offered in June ideally. So he was for sale. Where did he say that? So he said, he's not for sale, then says he was for less money, after saying Citeh never met the price we put on him and blah blah blah. Dont make sense to me.

Not where it matters he doesn't - as per his comment on Sunday that he needs to press the board to invest more. He said it in context of selling players, which is, I believe, up to him to sell if he wants to. I dont think Kenwright forced him to sell Lescott, I think Moyes just gave up.

Then dont announce a deal is sorted until he's signed and sealed. True.

It's not the cost of Lescott that's the issue. Claiming that Kenwright was instrumental in the price going up for selling a player in a transfer window when he and the rest of his boardroom waxwork dummies have failed Moyes (again) was crass beyond belief. True. But in the scheme of things, its not really something that would upset me. We all know we are [Poor language removed] at transfers where its not just 1 person to blame.

no banega, could of done with a midfield.

i think it`ll just be heitinger and thats it.

i think with rodwell and billy in, our midfield should be ok. all these deals take weeks to go threw so i hope people understand that and dont moan to much about hew we`ve brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.