Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Sam Allardyce fanboy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, I ain't arsed about England. The FA have got what they deserved.

Call me un-patriotic, but I stopped caring about England a good 10 years ago (quite a sound decision from 11-year-old me I think)

......there will now be lots of conjecture regarding the 8 current and former managers who have been named as taking bungs. I think we all have a good idea who one or two are but I dare say we have to be careful with what is said on these pages.

I'm sure the owner/mods will give us a steer.

Can someone explain to me why Big Sam was outed immediately while the other 8 are being kept hidden?

...I suspect his profile as England manager was a good place for the newspaper to break the story. Also, Allardyce was seedy enough to be caught on film himself, the others might have been mentioned by agents etc but not filmed themselves. I suspect there are legal implications and this is being carefully managed by lawyers.

Last edited:
...I'd have loved to have been privy to Allardyce's phone calls yesterday. I can imagine he was ringing some of his mates apologising for dropping them in it and perhaps others (Hodgson and Neville) for criticising them. He must've been very uncomfortable and distracted to immediately agree to leave.

There might be more to come with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back