Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Sam Allardyce fanboy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If FS is prepared to cut this sort of a deal with complete strangers in a hotel bar I wonder how many deals he has cut with those that he knows and trusts?

I'd love to see Martinez go down for that signing, it stinks does that transfer, may just be poor judgement on Martinez's part, would not surprise me if it was fishy though.

One of the papers, I think Telegraph< was full of stuff about agent's bungs to managers in PL and CL. Docs passed onto the FA and Police. Hope details are made public at some time.

Just noticed a thread has been started on the story.

I am still unclear as to what he's actually done wrong. Seems like he's been sacked for insulting his employer. Which I suppose could be a sackable offence.

I am still unclear as to what he's actually done wrong. Seems like he's been sacked for insulting his employer. Which I suppose could be a sackable offence.
Generally circumnavigating third party ownership.

the FA would prefer you do it the legitimate way and pay 2 transfer fees, one to club, one to other owner.

In all seriousness, I ain't arsed about England. The FA have got what they deserved.

Call me un-patriotic, but I stopped caring about England a good 10 years ago (quite a sound decision from 11-year-old me I think)
I've normally been a supporter of the England team and obviously that support has been greater when there's been an Everton involvement in the game.

However, I have a huge dislike of Allardyce, both the man himself and as a footballing person. The moment he became manager of England I swore never to watch or support them whilst he was there. I'm delighted he has now gone, and whilst the method of his leaving is more abhorrent than the man himself, I cant help but smile when I saw the photos last night and his TV interview this morning.

The downside is that I'll no doubt now become an England fan again with all the let downs and disappointments that goes along with it. It's bad enough being an Evertonian ffs.:p

He's the England manager, advising on how to get around FA rules regarding transfers.

They had no choice. Anybody defending him (not saying you are) is defending the indefensible.

I think legally he's probably done nothing wrong. But as England manager he is the front person for the English game and needs to be impeccable in everything he says or does. He needs to set an example, especially to the younger population. It goes with the territory. Ask Glen!!

He's guilty of nothing more than naivety and stupidity, but I for one am pleased he's gone as he was totally wrong for the national team in my view. Would have set us back years.

The bigger scandal to me is that our press are allowed to conduct such operations that undermine our national game so much, hiding behind public interest banners when we all know they just want to sell newspapers. I think the press really are the scum of our society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back