Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Sam Allardyce fanboy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...one thing I wonder about is whether taking a bung is illegal. I can imagine there are tax implications but I don't know if police could get involved.
May not be illegal from a UK law perspective, but I'm sure it must break all sorts of laws in the FIFA/FA rulebook.

I'm made up The Telegraph has outed him for the crook he is. What sort of greedy get goes sniffing after 400k deals when he's already a millionaire many times over and has a contract with England guaranteeing him millions more? What a low life.

I'm interested in what other dirt the newspaper is about to dig up ... Surely a certain ex West Ham and Portsmouth manager must be kacking himself at the prospect of his backhanders being made public.

I think legally he's probably done nothing wrong. But as England manager he is the front person for the English game and needs to be impeccable in everything he says or does. He needs to set an example, especially to the younger population. It goes with the territory. Ask Glen!!

He's guilty of nothing more than naivety and stupidity, but I for one am pleased he's gone as he was totally wrong for the national team in my view. Would have set us back years.

The bigger scandal to me is that our press are allowed to conduct such operations that undermine our national game so much, hiding behind public interest banners when we all know they just want to sell newspapers. I think the press really are the scum of our society.

Thank you! Exactly what i was saying yesterday

I think legally he's probably done nothing wrong. But as England manager he is the front person for the English game and needs to be impeccable in everything he says or does. He needs to set an example, especially to the younger population. It goes with the territory. Ask Glen!!

He's guilty of nothing more than naivety and stupidity, but I for one am pleased he's gone as he was totally wrong for the national team in my view. Would have set us back years.

The bigger scandal to me is that our press are allowed to conduct such operations that undermine our national game so much, hiding behind public interest banners when we all know they just want to sell newspapers. I think the press really are the scum of our society.

What utter nonsense.

They haven't just picked Fat Heads name out of a hat and thought " we'll set up an elaborate and expensive sting on the off chance we might get something incriminating on him ".

They've had prior knowledge that he was amienable to trousering a few quid on the sly. The whiff of corruption has followed him and other managers around for years - Graham, Rednap, Venables et al.

The press set up bent politicians, bent coppers, priests, drug dealers and paedophiles. They've set up loads of managers in the past - " the fake Shiek anyone ? . So why should bent Fat Head be immune from the same treatment ?.

It's in the public interest that he is named, shamed and hopefully prosecuted. The crux of the matter is that he has abused his position as England manager to line his own pockets. Quite simply that is indefensible.

Even this morning he showed no contrition in his presser and then scuttles off out of the country to get his head down like a rat.

Hopefully he'll end up sharing a cell with Aki, after the Purple fella breaches his latest restraining order.

Thank you! Exactly what i was saying yesterday
Where do you stand on our 2018 world cup bid Ash?

Now I accept that FIFA is/was totally corrupt and something needed doing to rid us of that horrible little man and his hangers on. But is it just me that feels that the Panorama and Times campaigns were timed to coincide with the lead up to the December 2011 votes to make a bigger impact.

Whatever, there's no doubt that they totally derailed the England bid. We had by far the most impressive bid, were the only country that had the infrastructure pretty much already in place, and were undoubtedly the most transparent. We ended up with 1 vote (ourselves I believe) and the 2018 event went to Russia, probably the one nation that is more corrupt than FIFA itself was.

This was all done in the name of public interest apparently, but it prevented England being awarded what would have been a massive economical boost worth hundreds of millions, if not billions, for the country as a whole and not just London. Hotels bars and restaurants throughout the country would have been full for a month.

Instead, the most corrupt country in the world has that legacy and I lay the blame at the feet of the UK press.

Where do you stand on our 2018 world cup bid Ash?

Now I accept that FIFA is/was totally corrupt and something needed doing to rid us of that horrible little man and his hangers on. But is it just me that feels that the Panorama and Times campaigns were timed to coincide with the lead up to the December 2011 votes to make a bigger impact.

Whatever, there's no doubt that they totally derailed the England bid. We had by far the most impressive bid, were the only country that had the infrastructure pretty much already in place, and were undoubtedly the most transparent. We ended up with 1 vote (ourselves I believe) and the 2018 event went to Russia, probably the one nation that is more corrupt than FIFA itself was.

This was all done in the name of public interest apparently, but it prevented England being awarded what would have been a massive economical boost worth hundreds of millions, if not billions, for the country as a whole and not just London. Hotels bars and restaurants throughout the country would have been full for a month.

Instead, the most corrupt country in the world has that legacy and I lay the blame at the feet of the UK press.
to be honest mate it was clear the world cup bids were bought by both russia and Quatar at the time. Russia destroyed all their computers not long afterwards and was never called to rights over that and playing in Quatar is the same as awarding it to atlantis in terms of sensible choices.

From what you say about the media and the previous bid. although i don't think they were directly involved, but it is another example of something good and then out of the blue the media trying to drag it down in the name of selling papers. Think that is the issue i have with it all, which i was vocal about yesterday. Allardyce might nee dto be called to rights over what he did sure, but waiting for him to get the job then doing it just so it is high profile and therefore more likeley to get hits around the world? I fully agree it is scummy behavior and whether its stings, or posing as something, or hacking phones or even (dare i suggest it) back handers for info.

Yet nothing is said or done about it because of the name of the greater good. Except it is only our press who does it, nowhere else in the world does.

I'm made up The Telegraph has outed him for the crook he is. What sort of greedy get goes sniffing after 400k deals when he's already a millionaire many times over and has a contract with England guaranteeing him millions more? What a low life.

I'm interested in what other dirt the newspaper is about to dig up ... Surely a certain ex West Ham and Portsmouth manager must be kacking himself at the prospect of his backhanders being made public.

Short answer mate, one word - GREED.

Don't worry teflon man is safe.

What utter nonsense.

They haven't just picked Fat Heads name out of a hat and thought " we'll set up an elaborate and expensive sting on the off chance we might get something incriminating on him ".

They've had prior knowledge that he was amienable to trousering a few quid on the sly. The whiff of corruption has followed him and other managers around for years - Graham, Rednap, Venables et al.

The press set up bent politicians, bent coppers, priests, drug dealers and paedophiles. They've set up loads of managers in the past - " the fake Shiek anyone ? . So why should bent Fat Head be immune from the same treatment ?.

It's in the public interest that he is named, shamed and hopefully prosecuted. The crux of the matter is that he has abused his position as England manager to line his own pockets. Quite simply that is indefensible.

Even this morning he showed no contrition in his presser and then scuttles off out of the country to get his head down like a rat.

Hopefully he'll end up sharing a cell with Aki, after the Purple fella breaches his latest restraining order.

School for Scoundrels.

What utter nonsense.

Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't make it "utter nonsense".

If you want to believe they do all these things in the public interest then go ahead. I prefer not to. These paedophiles, drug dealers bent coppers etc had their files passed on to the authorities after they had printed their story. How many lives have been ruined by these people during the months it took to piece together their stories. The press's goal is to sell news. Any public interest element of those news stories is a bi-product.

They tell us what they want us to hear when they want us to hear it. To a degree they (try to) control our minds and our beliefs with the information they ply us with. Then they sit in their ivory towers and tell us it's all in our own interest that they do this. Hypocrites!!

As regards Allardyce himself, if you read my full post rather than just the last paragraph, you would have seen that I am pleased he's gone and enjoyed seeing him suffering today. That's hardly saying he should be immune from this type of set up. However I've yet to see anything in this case that can be deemed to be in the public interest, however I suspect there's more to come in this so that may change.

I respect your right to have an opinion but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. And I certainly wouldn't accuse you of talking utter nonsense in an open forum just because I disagree with you.

to be honest mate it was clear the world cup bids were bought by both russia and Quatar at the time. Russia destroyed all their computers not long afterwards and was never called to rights over that and playing in Quatar is the same as awarding it to atlantis in terms of sensible choices.

From what you say about the media and the previous bid. although i don't think they were directly involved, but it is another example of something good and then out of the blue the media trying to drag it down in the name of selling papers. Think that is the issue i have with it all, which i was vocal about yesterday. Allardyce might nee dto be called to rights over what he did sure, but waiting for him to get the job then doing it just so it is high profile and therefore more likeley to get hits around the world? I fully agree it is scummy behavior and whether its stings, or posing as something, or hacking phones or even (dare i suggest it) back handers for info.

Yet nothing is said or done about it because of the name of the greater good. Except it is only our press who does it, nowhere else in the world does.
I've already gone off on one today re this subject matter, so I'll try and keep this short. What I dislike the most is that they sit in their ivory tower passing judgement on us all, whilst painting themselves whiter than white.

Don't know about other peoples press mate. I guess some countries have more government control, and maybe some don't have such a high opinion of themselves as ours do:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back