Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Sam Allardyce fanboy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-employ the scoundrel on a poacher turned game-keeper basis and help point out all the flawed regulations and advise how best to put them right!o_O

Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't make it "utter nonsense".

If you want to believe they do all these things in the public interest then go ahead. I prefer not to. These paedophiles, drug dealers bent coppers etc had their files passed on to the authorities after they had printed their story. How many lives have been ruined by these people during the months it took to piece together their stories. The press's goal is to sell news. Any public interest element of those news stories is a bi-product.

They tell us what they want us to hear when they want us to hear it. To a degree they (try to) control our minds and our beliefs with the information they ply us with. Then they sit in their ivory towers and tell us it's all in our own interest that they do this. Hypocrites!!

As regards Allardyce himself, if you read my full post rather than just the last paragraph, you would have seen that I am pleased he's gone and enjoyed seeing him suffering today. That's hardly saying he should be immune from this type of set up. However I've yet to see anything in this case that can be deemed to be in the public interest, however I suspect there's more to come in this so that may change.

I respect your right to have an opinion but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. And I certainly wouldn't accuse you of talking utter nonsense in an open forum just because I disagree with you.

image.webp

Xxxxxxxxxx

I wonder who these undercover journalists really are?

Not that easy to do if you're well known. That must narrow it down to up and comings trying to make a name for themselves?

And like Ashtonian said, timing is everything in things like this. Men lying about their true identity taking a secret camera to a meeting they instigated with the newly named England manager man of the people ol' Big Sam proper England etc. Then purposely orchestrating a situation that could ultimately cause his demise in the most sensational reputation ruining way.

I mean, who does that?

All for their own personal gains, and lets face it deep down we're not that shocked about all this. It's footballs worst kept secret, it's been going on for years but we don't really care. It's only now the money has gone crazy that people want some moral sense of pantomime to be played out in front of the entire bloody world.

Fascinating stuff.

Not that easy to do if you're well known. That must narrow it down to up and comings trying to make a name for themselves?

And like Ashtonian said, timing is everything in things like this. Men lying about their true identity taking a secret camera to a meeting they instigated with the newly named England manager man of the people ol' Big Sam proper England etc. Then purposely orchestrating a situation that could ultimately cause his demise in the most sensational reputation ruining way.

I mean, who does that?

All for their own personal gains, and lets face it deep down we're not that shocked about all this. It's footballs worst kept secret, it's been going on for years but we don't really care. It's only now the money has gone crazy that people want some moral sense of pantomime to be played out in front of the entire bloody world.

Fascinating stuff.
They must have had an inkling that Big Sam was dodgy. Why set it up otherwise? I can't see them wasting their time with somebody who was squeaky clean and wasn't going to give them a story.

What I genuinely don't understand is that Sam Allardyce has been round the block a few times, he's no wet behind the ears kid. I can't believe he didn't smell a rat and at what point in the thought process did he think it was a good idea. Although am I being incredibly stupid in thinking that intelligence and being a football manager go together?

hey must have had an inkling that Big Sam was dodgyT. Why set it up otherwise? I can't see them wasting their time with somebody who was squeaky clean and wasn't going to give them a story.

What I genuinely don't understand is that Sam Allardyce has been round the block a few times, he's no wet behind the ears kid. I can't believe he didn't smell a rat and at what point in the thought process did he think it was a good idea. Although am I being incredibly stupid in thinking that intelligence and being a football manager go together?

Not the greatest secret in football.

Allegedly.

I mean, who does that?

Fascinating stuff.

It's not entrapment though.

Offenses have allegedly already been committed.

Entrapment is if the journalists induced the offense.

However they the agents and allardyce clearly offered information with out inducement in the hope of receiving financial gain.

Including claims they'd done this behaviour before.

Any claims of entrapment are utter horse manure

I think legally he's probably done nothing wrong. But as England manager he is the front person for the English game and needs to be impeccable in everything he says or does. He needs to set an example, especially to the younger population. It goes with the territory. Ask Glen!!

He's guilty of nothing more than naivety and stupidity, but I for one am pleased he's gone as he was totally wrong for the national team in my view. Would have set us back years.

The bigger scandal to me is that our press are allowed to conduct such operations that undermine our national game so much, hiding behind public interest banners when we all know they just want to sell newspapers. I think the press really are the scum of our society.

He clearly has.

3rd party ownership has been banned for 8 years.

He clearly has.

3rd party ownership has been banned for 8 years.
Have I missed something. Serious question.

Thought all he'd done re 3rd party ownership was admit to buying Valencia who is now fully owned by WHU. We were looking to buy that Algerian lad from Porto under similar circumstances.

He actually also said you can't get a percentage of the players transfer fee anymore but the way to get round that is to own the agent and get their fee instead (and no doubt negotiate an unusually large agents fee). Very dubious I agree but not sure what he's done is illegal. There may be other evidence I haven't read about which, if so, sue the bugger.

At the end of the day he's a horrible man and a crap manager and the game is better off without him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back