Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Sam Allardyce fanboy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Cundy making a right show of himself on GMTV, he's well out his depth taking on Morgan.

Trying to defend Allardyce saying he's done nothing wrong.

Anyone defending Allardyce is arguing

In favour of corruption.

It's that simple at this point.
...one thing I wonder about is whether taking a bung is illegal. I can imagine there are tax implications but I don't know if police could get involved.

Telegraph have already provided information to the police.

The police. HMRC. The SFO and the CPS will no doubt be starting investigations probably together.

Remember. Football is a multi billion pound industry of national significance

One of those managers is pulis no doubt. Reason why wba never sold berhirinio at the time was because he was going to put the money through one agent and sign his players.

Plus sacked for being caught? Crystal palace? That came out the blue remember after keeping them up.

Least we know koeman won't be involved so that's the main thing.

One of those managers is pulis no doubt. Reason why wba never sold berhirinio at the time was because he was going to put the money through one agent and sign his players.

Plus sacked for being caught? Crystal palace? That came out the blue remember after keeping them up.

Least we know koeman won't be involved so that's the main thing.

It does make you wonder about the integrity of the competition though.

Bung taking and 'getting around 3rd party ownership'

Is a concern as it was banned to prevent 3rd parties having undue influence on players

ie to stop match fixing or event fixing (remember the two Pakistani cricketers jailed for fixing events to aid Asian betting cartels in spot fixing)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15573463

Same issue here.

Plus Allardyce talking to some 'investors' from Asia. No idea where their money is coming from. Proceeds of crime? That's money laundering... potentially too

A lot of these dodgy deals have been sorted out with agents in an Italian Restaurant in Manchester apparently, that's where the managers and agents met up, so you've got to think if they were London managers they'd be meeting in London.

Could very well be a few Manchester and Liverpool based managers involved in this over the years.

......there will now be lots of conjecture regarding the 8 current and former managers who have been named as taking bungs. I think we all have a good idea who one or two are but I dare say we have to be careful with what is said on these pages.

I'm sure the owner/mods will give us a steer.

Thanks for raising this. It goes without saying that people should exercise caution in naming individuals.

...one thing I wonder about is whether taking a bung is illegal. I can imagine there are tax implications but I don't know if police could get involved.

Bungs are illegal in football. So no one taking one is likely to declare the income and in doing so grass themselves up. But by not declaring the income then yes they are also avoiding tax.

Thanks for raising this. It goes without saying that people should exercise caution in naming individuals.

Allegedly the reason the telegraph haven't yet published names

Is due to injunctions being taken out which they are arguing against publication

The key thing is info has been passed to the police.

Bungs are illegal in football. So no one taking one is likely to declare the income and in doing so grass themselves up. But by not declaring the income then yes they are also avoiding tax.

One of the agents clearly said 'raise an invoice'

So there is also false accounting and certainly potential for prosecution of tax evasion.

I think this is going to be a massive story this. The biggest of 2016 by far when it comes out.

A lot of these dodgy deals have been sorted out with agents in an Italian Restaurant in Manchester apparently, that's where the managers and agents met up, so you've got to think if they were London managers they'd be meeting in London.

Could very well be a few Manchester and Liverpool based managers involved in this over the years.

Think it's purely based on the number of clubs in the northwest

I wouldn't read too much into the meeting location

It does make you wonder about the integrity of the competition though.

Bung taking and 'getting around 3rd party ownership'

Is a concern as it was banned to prevent 3rd parties having undue influence on players

ie to stop match fixing or event fixing (remember the two Pakistani cricketers jailed for fixing events to aid Asian betting cartels in spot fixing)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15573463

Same issue here.

Plus Allardyce talking to some 'investors' from Asia. No idea where their money is coming from. Proceeds of crime? That's money laundering... potentially too
the only thing i don't get around this is the fact in allardyce's world, his third party owned players ended up being fully owned when signed for the club . Which makes me question what is so wrong about 'getting around it' as if it was just a case of payments here and there, is that not better than paying outright for the players 3rd party which would cost english clubs more?

Unless any of us are claiming to know who the people are then is it not then down to simple speculation? Which i would imagine another 100 football forums would be doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back