Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The summer 14 other clubs transfers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult though mate.

I agree with everything you say about Begovic but he'd cost a load I'd guess and not sure we could splurge that much when we have other areas in much need.

this basically, after howard's season we probably don't need to be looking at a new keeper. however, that ochoa who always seems to be good on your footy games is free? i always like him even though only seen him play for mexico, but having him compete with howard whilst sending joel on loan in the championship wouldn't be the worst idea. young keepers should be learning by playing regularly imo.

Heurelho Gomes the Spurs keeper - just signed for Watford - lol @Spurs - 8mill - they waste so much money there.

i thought he left about 3/4 years ago until i saw he was out of contract. he was good at times, but you'd rather have a solid keeper who doesn't mess up than someone like him.

Difficult though mate.

I agree with everything you say about Begovic but he'd cost a load I'd guess and not sure we could splurge that much when we have other areas in much need.

I misinterpreted the post and thought he was on a bosman :/

I would desperately try to get Begovic. He's 9 years younger than Howard and is as good as him already. The season prior to last he was better, but to be fair to Tim he was ace last year.

I would like him at Everton myself. Howard was ace last year like you've said, but looking back over the past 5 years as a whole Begovic has outshone him if we're going to be realistic. I've always admired Begovic's agility - that save away to Spurs (I think) is one of the best I've ever seen. His distribution is also often under-rated, he's got much more to him than long punts up field.

That said, I think he'd be aiming for a more "elite" (read: Champions League) club than us. Looking around, I could see him joining Pjanic at Roma. Its an area they need to address and they've got the finances to do so.

Top keepers who are affordable are hard to find, whqt are stoke asking for him?

Hats happened to butland as he didnt start for england the other day?

Seems like Begovic is leaving Stoke. Sorensen offered a new contract and Butland not going out on loan again.

Can't imagine England being his destination, though.

yeah, must be being sold. not even hughes is bad enough to think sorensen is a better option.

i quite like szchesney, but the only prem team i can think of considering him would be arsenal. could well be going abroad.

I would like him at Everton myself. Howard was ace last year like you've said, but looking back over the past 5 years as a whole Begovic has outshone him if we're going to be realistic. I've always admired Begovic's agility - that save away to Spurs (I think) is one of the best I've ever seen. His distribution is also often under-rated, he's got much more to him than long punts up field.

That said, I think he'd be aiming for a more "elite" (read: Champions League) club than us. Looking around, I could see him joining Pjanic at Roma. Its an area they need to address and they've got the finances to do so.

De Sanctis has had a very good season though. Though he is pretty old.

Only took 3 days for Tom Ince to give up on his dreams

Capture_zps625288cb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back