Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Moyes still 'poised' to bid for Fellaini & Baines, or is he still 'turning to them'?

I can't keep up with his rapid movements & quick decision making in the transfer market...
He's got them on his whiteboard...they're currently on #1 white board list of definitely possibles and may make the cut to whiteboard #2, the very definitely possibles. By the end of August they could be on the #3 whiteboard of probable targets. It's all scientific, using Opta stats and FM and stuff. I bet Man United are chuffed they've got this feller and his cutting edge methodolgy in to try and make them competitive again.

He's got them on his whiteboard...they're currently on #1 white board list of definitely possibles and may make the cut to whiteboard #2, the very definitely possibles. By the end of August they could be on the #3 whiteboard of probable targets. It's all scientific, using Opta stats and FM and stuff. I bet Man United are chuffed they've got this feller and his cutting edge methodolgy in to try and make them competitive again.

Do you think Moyes had a good record in the transfer market at Everton?

If yes, then you have to accept that this method yielded good results for Everton and once again you are wrong in continually obsessing with how bad a manager Moyes was for us.

If no, then you are wrong.

Not a great set of options for you are they?

If yes, then you have to accept that this method yielded good results for Everton and once again you are wrong in continually obsessing with how bad a manager Moyes was for us.

He had a hit and miss record, as anyone who follows Everton knows full well. We know the success stories. But we also know about the expensive flops...and we also know Moyes had a penchant for collecting younger players for a fee who were placed into the reserves and never resurfaced until they were released. What are you getting upset for anyway, he's Man Utd's manager now.

....I'm a Moyes fan but I think he's in a different world now. He can shop in Harrods rather than TJ Hughes, he's got a load of dosh rather than none and he has the attraction of arguably the biggest club in the world. Some are wondering if he still thinks he's working for Bill.

So let me get this right.....

The fact that they've previously borrowed against future revenue - which is something that those eager to have a pop have criticised the club for. Is now being used to take another side swipe as they're not seemingly doing the same with the incremental £25m that will be earned this season?

You can't have both sides of that argument, you're either against borrowing against future revenues & therefore should see the failure to do so with the incremental revenue as a positive, or you want them to do just that, in which case you can't take a swipe at the funding costs, which are merely what we can obtain in the market.

No, not really. The additional income hasn't so far been used to generate anything, but as I was pointing out the trend has always been to do so, under Bill et al. The funding model is not necessarily the issue, that lies with how it is accessed and to where/whom, mismanagement has allowed the club to only support this model in the Wonga style lines of credit run through BVI to investment funds situated in the next door office to one Robert Earl. So may say there is a coincidence there......but the rate and tie in of certain types of contracts are there for the desperate only.

Why, in the transfer thread, is there regular anti-Moyesism from the usual suspects?

Move on fellas.....we know you didn't rate him. He's gone. That bad that he's gone and replaced possibly the greatest manager ever...on his recommendation.

Let's move on shall we.....and get this thread back onto transfer rumours.

Be surprised if we bring anyone in before someone goes. I havent heard Martinez say he is looking at getting deals tied up lately, its all that "working with the group"

a player who i have admired for a long time and who we should try and get in my opinion is Yannick Djalo

i use to say this based purely on the way he ripped us apart in that one game. Not sure if he's progressed too much though, or if he's out of price range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back