Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, in the transfer thread, is there regular anti-Moyesism from the usual suspects?

Move on fellas.....we know you didn't rate him. He's gone. That bad that he's gone and replaced possibly the greatest manager ever...on his recommendation.

Let's move on shall we.....and get this thread back onto transfer rumours.

Because he's regularly being linked with trying to buy our two best players.

People aren't talking about Moyes for the sake of talking about Moyes. It's in the papers, and this thread is for transfer speculation surrounding our players.

It really is tedious that some people can't hack Moyes talk. As long as he's sniffing around our players, he's getting talked about.

Believe Moyes should have done the correct thing and shown us respect and made a bid early for our best players. We can say oh well this is paper talk but we all know Moyes likes to take his time, he will want to see his team in action for a few premiership games before deciding if he needs Baines or Fellaini. He always says there a bargain on the last day and he could end up testing the board on the last day. What he doesn't realized is that he doesn't need to buy in the last week anymore, he at one of the richest clubs and will have to pay extra due to who he managing.

Believe Moyes should have done the correct thing and shown us respect and made a bid early for our best players. We can say oh well this is paper talk but we all know Moyes likes to take his time, he will want to see his team in action for a few premiership games before deciding if he needs Baines or Fellaini. He always says there a bargain on the last day and he could end up testing the board on the last day. What he doesn't realized is that he doesn't need to buy in the last week anymore, he at one of the richest clubs and will have to pay extra due to who he managing.

he did, he just made a terribly disrespectful first bid for baines

That was just to unsettle him, a little warning to Baines and his agent to halt talks on a new contract and to see how Baines will react.

he's been his manager for how many so years? He knows that he's already turned down united before and already turned down bayern. is it a smack of arrogance to now think baines will change his mind because he's united boss?

Think it was more disrespctful because he knows kenwright is a sucker and he sees it as £12m in his pocket as opposed to losing one of the best LB's in Europe

That was just to unsettle him, a little warning to Baines and his agent to halt talks on a new contract and to see how Baines will react.

Exactly.

Stage 2 is all the dripdripdrip stories in sympathetic newspapers (the Mirror) about how Martinez is 'privately braced for his departure' and linking us with random left backs.

It's all a big game and we all should know how it is played, all the little tactics, we've seen it so many times over the last few years.

It's so utterly transparent.

Exactly.

Stage 2 is all the dripdripdrip stories in sympathetic newspapers (the Mirror) about how Martinez is 'privately braced for his departure' and linking us with random left backs.

It's all a big game and we all should know how it is played, all the little tactics, we've seen it so many times over the last few years.

It's so utterly transparent.
The only thing that is missing is that Baines had not ask to leave yet and had done interview praising the new manager and how he looking forward to playing a different style, usually players don't do interviews when they are leaving and remain silent.

Its 1 way to do things, the Board have clearly gone another route, instead of getting in more debt, they are probably gonna get some of the debts down whilst spending reasonable amounts.

As I keep trying to point out, we should be pretty cash rich next Summer, lets see what happens then.

And its almost like your forgetting about the 43m worth of players we possibly could sell in the next 3 weeks.

Haha I aint forgetting mate, just ignoring!. I'd put up with selling one of them (Fellaini), but not both!. But your probs right, we should be a little bit more cash rich in the transfer market next summer compared to this and in the long run what are board are doing is probably the right thing for the club!.

I just feel the board could of done that bit more to give us that little extra cash to buy a player or 2 with the type of quality that would give us that half chance of possibly breaking in to the CL.

Hopefully your theory about how the board are dealing with the new TV money will come to fruition and we'll see a lot more spent next summer!.

This time last year Norwich had a debt of £11million.

As of now, they're basically debt free.

This is why they can spend the money they bring in from TV etc.

Norwich cleared all debts at there club in time for this season, I know that. But there clearly spending large sums cos there debt free and on the strength of this new money which is gonna be an extra, £20-30m more than they originally earned. All im saying is why couldn't we spend a larger chunk of money this summer on that basis?.

I know weve got debts and they really do need sorting and if that's how the board are going about it, using most of the new revenue to lower debts etc, then fair enough, as long as we start to see more funds spent on the playing side gradually, year after year!.

Ajax has not said any names, so I'm still confident we're still in the race for him.
Fellaini is not even on the bench this afternoon.
I said to myself in February he's gone in the summer. I'd be suprised if he's still here when the window has closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back