Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it but these past few weeks I´ve begun to feel Everton are circling the drain in a major way.

Has nothing to do with Moyes going or with Martinez coming in, it´s just the constant lack of funding. If there isn´t an upturn in the clubs spending power over the next two or three seasons I really can´t see how we´ll be able to compete with other premiership clubs. We might drop out of the division to be honest.
I suppose someone had to mention relegation which I find astounding, a team that finished sixth with about 7/8 international players in it is going to be relegated, we have a new manager who has to assess the players he as inherited plus we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet, if I was sitting by you at the game I would have to change my seat, I am lost for words.

I suppose someone had to mention relegation which I find astounding, a team that finished sixth with about 7/8 international players in it is going to be relegated, we have a new manager who has to assess the players he as inherited plus we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet, if I was sitting by you at the game I would have to change my seat, I am lost for words.

I don´t mean this season. I mean over the course of say five years if our ability to compete financially stays as is.

Ever Banega or Manuel Fernandes would just hit the spot right about now. Perfect kind of players to collect the ball from the centre backs and get us playing in a deep midfield role. I MEAN PERFECT.

Spurs' current CMs:

Dembelé
Paulinho
Capoue
Huddlestone
Parker
Siggurdson
Holtby
Sandro

Realistically I think we should bid for Holtby or Siggurdsson on loan or Huddlestone or Parker on a perm.

Ever Banega or Manuel Fernandes would just hit the spot right about now. Perfect kind of players to collect the ball from the centre backs and get us playing in a deep midfield role. I MEAN PERFECT.

i saw banega play a few weeks ago against Inter(they were ****e), he would be absolutely perfect for this team.

He must be waiting on someone for CM. It's an obvious gap in our squad. You really can't go into a season with just 2 natural CM players. Ok, heitinga and osman can fill in on a Emergancy basis but realistically, Heitinga should be moving on and osman should be fighting it out with Barkley for that ACM role.

Neville and hitz have gone and only Barkley has come in (so to speak). And Barkley is a ACM, so were 2 lighter in CM from last season. Gibson WILL miss weeks here and there, Fellaini WILL be suspended here and there. He's surely aware of this and must have a target in mind (Mcarthy IMO). If not you have to question why he wasted 5M on kone!

Personally think we need two more CM's, a CB who is comfortable spraying the ball about and ideally another Mirallas ie. somebody that is pacy, can dribble and can play anywhere in a front three.

CM's
Banega is a fantastic footballer and would be perfect for us, I don't think Holtby would be a bad addition either as he appears to be quite versatile and is the right age. Huddlestone is another possible option although possibly too similar to Gibson? Phenomenal passing range and built like a tank however. Don't think Parker is a bad player but age and injury record goes against him. McCarthy would be great for 6/8 million as he seems to have a lot of potential but no more than that. My number one choice would still be Manuel Fernandes though, excellent on the ball, a good turn of pace, knows the club and should have matured from his early days. Price could be a sticking point? (When is it never).

CB
Whilst Jagielka, Distin and Alcaraz are all quick and strong enough to deal with the threat of even the most athletic forwards I still feel we would benefit from having a more Continental CB to go along with them. I have always like Lugano even if he is a bit of a dog but on a free he would have been good. Toby Alderweireld is the name most touted and whenever I have seen him in the champions league he appears like a hybrid between Agger and Vertonghen. Would be perfect if we could get rid of Heitinga and get TA in. Kouayate at Anderlecht could also be a shout as he has all the physical aspects of a Distin but is much better on the ball. De Vrij or Martins-Indi would be the dream.

Winger
With regards to the winger I think Moses would be a fantastic signing, mainly for his pace, age and versatility. McGeady is a name that has been bandied about, exciting to watch but I would best summarise him as a McFadden with pace but less end product and we all remember Faddy's end product. Scott Sinclair another with pace and the ability to take a penalty but is he actually that good? Donovan for the 3rd time? Knows the club, can play in any attacking berth and his contract is finally up.

He must be waiting on someone for CM. It's an obvious gap in our squad. You really can't go into a season with just 2 natural CM players. Ok, heitinga and osman can fill in on a Emergancy basis but realistically, Heitinga should be moving on and osman should be fighting it out with Barkley for that ACM role.

Neville and hitz have gone and only Barkley has come in (so to speak). And Barkley is a ACM, so were 2 lighter in CM from last season. Gibson WILL miss weeks here and there, Fellaini WILL be suspended here and there. He's surely aware of this and must have a target in mind (Mcarthy IMO). If not you have to question why he wasted 5M on kone!

Amen.

We need 4 players. Replacements for Neville and Hitzslesperger as well as Heitinga and Gueye.
Osman's performance yesterday was diabolical.

That CM position is turning into our most urgent acquisition atm
With Gibbo injured now there's no way that we won't get another body for that position- for that reason alone I'm rather ok with our poorer performance yesterday vs Betis. The need for talent in that position was clear to see, and I imagine that we'll see someone bought or loaned in soon (especially considering how Martinez hasn't included Lundstram in any of his squads as of yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back