Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could well be.

I'm convinced of it mate.

Martinez's face when Kenwright opened his gob about the "i'll get you into the Champions League" was a picture :lol:

I honestly can't believe that Kenwright told Martinez he'd be allowed to keep his best players AND would have money to spend, and not just the 5m he's spent so far as that's absolutely nothing.

Either Kenwright has lied his face off until the point that Martinez signed, or Martinez knew all along that it'd be replacing quality with lesser quality.

Which do you think is the most realistic?

The only chance he'll get to spend the type of cash needed to solve CM problems is if his whole pre-season plans are wrecked with the sale of Baines/Fellaini. Great choice.

Well Moyes managed top 6 practically every year on the same deal.

And clearly you thought he wasn't any good.

So it can't be that hard can it?

How long is it going to go on like this for though? Every year it just gets more depressing and frustrating. We're a massive club run by a small time actor. We need proper businessmen running us, look at Daniel Levy at Spurs holding out for £110m for Bale, if that was us he would have been gone at £30m.

I'm not. It's obvious he was the only candidate who agreed to a "sell best players to buy worse ones" policy, otherwise we'd have ended up with a bigger name as manager.

That´s crap. For one thing, how would you know?

What "bigger name" would we have gotten otherwise? Klopp? Mourinho?

Also why wouldn´t Martinez be able to reinvest money from player sales in a productive way, much like Moyes did when he sold the likes of Rodwell and Lescott? There were gripes then but in the end we were all the better for it.

Sadly all the signs are already there of a love in fest between Martinez and Bill which means the triangle will be closed with the echo.

You will see the same play from the club as under Moyes. They will support each other to get each other out of the s***t and then the fans expectations will be managed by the echo.

If it worked once for 10 years they will try it again.

That´s crap. For one thing, how would you know?

What "bigger name" would we have gotten otherwise? Klopp? Mourinho?

Also why wouldn´t Martinez be able to reinvest money from player sales in a productive way, much like Moyes did when he sold the likes of Rodwell and Lescott? There were gripes then but in the end we were all the better for it.

We were in no way better with the signings from the Lescott money than we was with him.

The biggest problem for Martinez at the moment is knowing when Moyes is going to stop toying around with Everton and finally make a reasonable bid for either Fellaini or Baines. That is snagging our season preparations no end. If and when he does come back for either or both of those it'll show you the cut of the man, landing 'the special club' to him with a massive headache as he comes in for them late...something he very well knows will suit our board rather than the manager.

The biggest problem for Martinez at the moment is knowing when Moyes is going to stop toying around with Everton and finally make a reasonable bid for either Fellaini or Baines. That is snagging our season preparations no end. If and when he does come back for either or both of those it'll show you the cut of the man, landing 'the special club' to him with a massive headache as he comes in for them late...something he very well knows will suit our board rather than the manager.

Thats fair comment and if possible any moves from Moyes should be nipped in the bud sooner rather than later. There are almost three weeks of the window to go, and I think that Moyes is trying to use Fellaini/Baines as a fall back position in the event of his(probable) failure to make a 'proper' marquee signing for United. Eventually Rooney will go, because frankly if he stays I can see Moyes pissing him about completely. I think Rooney knows he HAS to leave..so more pressure on Moyes and thats were Fellaini/Baines might come into his thinking. I think we have some money available...not a lot, but some, and Martinez is playing a waiting game. More business will be done everywhere in the next three weeks than has already been done this window. Strangely enough, I know Heitinger has expressed a wish to move back to Holland, but under Martinez he has been quite effective and we may find he stays. If he does go this summer, it will be on a free, saving us 65k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back