Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally think we need two more CM's, a CB who is comfortable spraying the ball about and ideally another Mirallas ie. somebody that is pacy, can dribble and can play anywhere in a front three.

CM's
Banega is a fantastic footballer and would be perfect for us, I don't think Holtby would be a bad addition either as he appears to be quite versatile and is the right age. Huddlestone is another possible option although possibly too similar to Gibson? Phenomenal passing range and built like a tank however. Don't think Parker is a bad player but age and injury record goes against him. McCarthy would be great for 6/8 million as he seems to have a lot of potential but no more than that. My number one choice would still be Manuel Fernandes though, excellent on the ball, a good turn of pace, knows the club and should have matured from his early days. Price could be a sticking point? (When is it never).

CB
Whilst Jagielka, Distin and Alcaraz are all quick and strong enough to deal with the threat of even the most athletic forwards I still feel we would benefit from having a more Continental CB to go along with them. I have always like Lugano even if he is a bit of a dog but on a free he would have been good. Toby Alderweireld is the name most touted and whenever I have seen him in the champions league he appears like a hybrid between Agger and Vertonghen. Would be perfect if we could get rid of Heitinga and get TA in. Kouayate at Anderlecht could also be a shout as he has all the physical aspects of a Distin but is much better on the ball. De Vrij or Martins-Indi would be the dream.

Winger
With regards to the winger I think Moses would be a fantastic signing, mainly for his pace, age and versatility. McGeady is a name that has been bandied about, exciting to watch but I would best summarise him as a McFadden with pace but less end product and we all remember Faddy's end product. Scott Sinclair another with pace and the ability to take a penalty but is he actually that good? Donovan for the 3rd time? Knows the club, can play in any attacking berth and his contract is finally up.

This would be my preferred option. He can come in for cheap in January when his contract is out and a he still has a few solid seasons left. His self imposed hiatus has really worked out well for him. He has returned in great form and seems alot more fresh. Scored at hat-trick last night as well

Its a funny thing how I really hadn't noticed just how shockingly awful Osman is off the ball until recently
Was I blissfully ignoring it or has he regressed a bit?

To be fair I'm not sure myself but he is not having a good pre-season. The mistake against Juve, did next to nothing against Real. He just looks off and sluggish.

Had an absolute shocker yesterday. I went back and watched a replay of the full game and struggled to find good moment for him. Misplaced passes, failing to keep possession, didn't track back, poor marking, missed tackles... you name it.

As C25 pointed out earlier he needs to play further up the field. He is not a DM. Barkley looks quicker, sharper and surprisingly more comfortable on the ball.

Yesterday's game confirmed we desperately need two CM's as a priority.

To be fair I'm not sure myself but he is not having a good pre-season. The mistake against Juve, did next to nothing against Real. He just looks off and sluggish.

Had an absolute shocker yesterday. I went back and watched a replay of the full game and struggled to find good moment for him. Misplaced passes, failing to keep possession, didn't track back, poor marking, missed tackles... you name it.

As C25 pointed out earlier he needs to play further up the field. He is not a DM. Barkley looks quicker, sharper and surprisingly more comfortable on the ball.

One will do fine unless we lose Fellaini. Hope it's a good one though.

Spurs' current CMs:

Dembelé
Paulinho
Capoue
Huddlestone
Parker
Siggurdson
Holtby
Sandro

Realistically I think we should bid for Holtby or Siggurdsson on loan or Huddlestone or Parker on a perm.

Huddlestone is a fat mess of a player. The lad has talent no doubt but hes bloody massive.

Thing is mate, it's obvious to us. But i bet it isn't to Roberto Martinez. England's Leon Osman will almost 100% start against Norwich I think.

Really struggling to see us getting anyone else in before Saturday.

I'd love to know who gave that feller a new contract before a new manager was appointed. One of the worst pre-season decisions taken. And, along with his obvious limitations, it seems clear his heart isn't in this. He's a Moyes player, and everything he's said in interview thus far shows he cant come to terms with the fact he's left. I'd let him go on a free - even if it was just to get him off the wage bill and get a loan deal done. Not good enough...him and a few others, tbf.

Thing is mate, it's obvious to us. But i bet it isn't to Roberto Martinez. England's Leon Osman will almost 100% start against Norwich I think.

Really struggling to see us getting anyone else in before Saturday.
Well, it's not like he can go out and do what other managers can do and buy players without selling.

Exactly - sorry that sounded like I was dissing him, but I wasn't.

He hasn't exactly got a lot of choices has he?
The only chance he'll get to spend the type of cash needed to solve CM problems is if his whole pre-season plans are wrecked with the sale of Baines/Fellaini. Great choice.

The only chance he'll get to spend the type of cash needed to solve CM problems is if his whole pre-season plans are wrecked with the sale of Baines/Fellaini. Great choice.

It's bonkers that we need to sell one or both of our best players for him to be able to do anything that he wants to do.

I'm starting to wonder what he was told before he joined!

It's bonkers that we need to sell one or both of our best players for him to be able to do anything that he wants to do.

I'm starting to wonder what he was told before he joined!

I'm not. It's obvious he was the only candidate who agreed to a "sell best players to buy worse ones" policy, otherwise we'd have ended up with a bigger name as manager.

BTW that rapid little black guy Cedric from yesterday... get him signed up!

Reminded me of Kone last year :lol:

If Pienaar and Osman will be mainstays in midfield this season then I expect no improvement at all this season in fact, I'd expect us to fall down the places. The pair of them are average, aging players who should be squad players and nothing more.
The areas we need to strengthen are clear and the fact that Cardiff, Norwich, Southampton, Swansea among others have spent upwards of £25m whilst we have spent a measly £7m is a disgrace.
Every transfer window is the same, so close to doing something yet so far away as the other clubs jump ahead of us, why he wont just leave instead of strangling this club is beyond me. Calls himself a fan as well which makes it all the worse for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back