Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How pedantic. Others clubs have made significant improvements to their squad whilst we have not and the areas we need to desperately improve have not been addressed and do not seem likely to be.

Not until we sell a player mate.

Otherwise with what money are we going to buy a new player with?

Not until we sell a player mate.

Otherwise with what money are we going to buy a new player with?

This is the type of excuses the board want. Every other club seem to be spending £20m+ on the back of this new television deal, we finished 6th in the league raking in £11m in prize money and we can only get together a measly £7m? It's a disgrace.

This is the type of excuses the board want. Every other club seem to be spending £20m+ on the back of this new television deal, we finished 6th in the league raking in £11m in prize money and we can only get together a measly £7m? It's a disgrace.

You have to accept that's not how our club is run whether you agree with it or not, the board don't do risks with the finances when it comes to transfers.

It's not exciting but it's nothing we aren't used too. At least we're not Portsmouth. I'm not sticking up for the Board here by the way, i've just accepted our situation is what it is.

Don't forget the 2 mil we spent on our manager.

How pedantic. Others clubs have made significant improvements to their squad whilst we have not and the areas we need to desperately improve have not been addressed and do not seem likely to be.

New to Everton are we?

If you expected anything different then more fool you.

Thing is this summer has been a stark improvement on the last two. Yet people still moan.

Signing players does not equal improvement. Every year we hear of loads of signings by other clubs, but they all finish below us. The usual suspects have a few regular mantras, none of which have ever happened despite being forecast to the point of boredom for the last 6 or 7 years to my knowledge...
'we'll be relegated next season'
'we're about to go into Administration/liquidation'
'everyone else is improving but us'
'we're run by gangsters'(Send for Eliot Ness, then)
etc. etc.

Sorry...its become very dull.

New to Everton are we?

If you expected anything different then more fool you.

Thing is this summer has been a stark improvement on the last two. Yet people still moan.

So that's it for us then? We just accept it and watch the powerhouses of West Ham, Norwich, Cardiff, Southampton and Swansea completely outspend us in the market?
It's no wonder Kenwright is in such a comfortable position when some our fans have such little expectation of a once great club.

Signing players does not equal improvement. Every year we hear of loads of signings by other clubs, but they all finish below us. The usual suspects have a few regular mantras, none of which have ever happened despite being forecast to the point of boredom for the last 6 or 7 years to my knowledge...
'we'll be relegated next season'
'we're about to go into Administration/liquidation'
'everyone else is improving but us'
'we're run by gangsters'(Send for Eliot Ness, then)
etc. etc.

Sorry...its become very dull.
Continued lack of investment whilst the clubs around and below us invest will surely only lead to a fall? It is very easy to lose a footing in this league. Newcastle United finished 5th one year and the next were battling relegation, we are far from bullet proof.

So that's it for us then? We just accept it and watch the powerhouses of West Ham, Norwich, Cardiff, Southampton and Swansea completely outspend us in the market?
It's no wonder Kenwright is in such a comfortable position when some our fans have such little expectation of a once great club.

But can you guarantee that they will finish higher than us? I highly doubt any of the teams you mentioned will finish above us no matter what they spend, £9mill on Caulker ffs, money well spent? i'd fume if we spent £9mil on Caulker.

But can you guarantee that they will finish higher than us? I highly doubt any of the teams you mentioned will finish above us no matter what they spend, £9mill on Caulker ffs, money well spent? i'd fume if we spent £9mil on Caulker.

No I can't guarentee it, but I can't say it isn't a possiblity either. What if every year this new television deal is in circulation they invest it in their squad and we continue not to? Do you think it can go on forever? West Ham will be moving into a new stadium soon as well meaning another c,ub who will jump the gun on us.
If you think the business model we're currently operating under is sustainable then I admire your optimism.

No I can't guarentee it, but I can't say it isn't a possiblity either. What if every year this new television deal is in circulation they invest it in their squad and we continue not to? Do you think it can go on forever? West Ham will be moving into a new stadium soon as well meaning another c,ub who will jump the gun on us.
If you think the business model we're currently operating under is sustainable then I admire your optimism.

I don't think the current business model is sustainable, neither do I have any answers on how to change it, bar suggesting a billionaire, which as we all know are lined up around the corner to take us on.

Maybe I'll keep faith with the manager to spend what he has got wisely and go for quality not quantity. I have no idea how much if any money RM has left too spend, I know even less about his scouting network. He's been in the job a few weeks what realistic expectations did you have for this stage of his tenure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back