Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more about realism mate, we understand the position we are in. Do you honestly believe none of us want a return to the great sides of our title winning past and challenging for honours on all fronts every season? Of course we do, at the same time we realise it's not in our immediate future because of *Insert your own reason/agenda for this here*.

I don't know what's going to happen in the future though and I highly doubt you do either so just enjoy the new fresh start.

I understand that mate, I'm realistic about our position as well but I don't appreciate being seen as some loon for suggesting we should be spending money at a time when near enough every other club seems to be investing their new television income into their squads.

But it is an improvement.

Look at the last few transfer windows.

1 we didnt sign a single player
1 we sold our "best" player 5minutes before the window closed
1 we agreed a fee for a player only for him to fail a medical

Its CURRENTLY the first window since 2008 in which we have a positive net spend.

I've thought about this. And maybe for once we are not taking out a loan for next seasons earnings so we can start clearing the debt.

And also if we have spent all we've got it's good that Martinez got in who he wanted quickly.

Could we tempt/afford Eriksen and Alderweireld from Ajax? We could do with a creative midfielder and another centre back. Their valuations could be £16m and £9m respectively, so a combined £25m. If we sell Fellaini it would be possible and they're both in the final year of their contract, so we could negotiate them down.

Spurs and Liverpool have supposedly had a longstanding interest in the pair. Maybe they're holding out until January or next summer to sign them cheaply? Tottenham are already overloaded in midfield and it would be difficult to accommodate the Dane at the RS because of Gerrard and Countinho.

Could we afford to sign them with a view to recouping the money when Fellaini does eventually go? They'd play regularly for us, which must be a consideration and we already have a couple of ex-Ajax players in the squad.

Also we posted a 9m loss in our last Accounts, despite off loading a few high earners and selling almost £12m worth of players.

People shouldnt underestimate just how badly this Club is run.

Everton get 4m a Season from Chang, Sunderland 20m a Season and lets not even start talking about the terrible Kitbag deal that allows ZERO impulse buying worldwide.

Basically, if you employ monkeys, dont be surprised when all they do is hang from tyres all day.

Could we tempt/afford Eriksen and Alderweireld from Ajax? We could do with a creative midfielder and another centre back. Their valuations could be £16m and £9m respectively, so a combined £25m. If we sell Fellaini it would be possible and they're both in the final year of their contract, so we could negotiate them down.

Spurs and Liverpool have supposedly had a longstanding interest in the pair. Maybe they're holding out until January or next summer to sign them cheaply? Tottenham are already overloaded in midfield and it would be difficult to accommodate the Dane at the RS because of Gerrard and Countinho.

Could we afford to sign them with a view to recouping the money when Fellaini does eventually go? They'd play regularly for us, which must be a consideration and we already have a couple of ex-Ajax players in the squad.

Pretty sure ive heard the pair of them could be got for around 15m.

Everton are in a rather difficult situation.

People are talking about Everton being outspent by clubs such as Norwich,Cardiff etc. just as they did about us being outspent by Birmingham and Wolves just a few years ago.
These clubs are trying to buy players to stay in the division.

Top clubs do not buy players in batches,they buy players that will improve the "group" to use an expression from the oracle called Brendan Rogers.
Everton had a small squad to start with and then lost Neville and our German loanee.We brought in players to get our squad numbers up and maintain the level of quality but maybe not drastically improve on the level of player already at the club. Delofeu may prove to be different ,but then he is only here on loan.
To improve on the players already in our squad you need good players ,youngsters coming through or you need to be very lucky or good in the transfer market.
We need to add one or two more players and as we all know we are unclear about the futures of Fellaini,Baines and Heitinga.
We need to add players that are better than what we have,a lot of the names mentioned do not fit this category.
I think that we will probably be waiting until the very end of the window to see if the manager can shake free the players he really wants.

But sadly he likes Spurs.

he Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen admits he would be interested in a move to Tottenham Hotspur.

The 21-year-old has rejected interest from Russia and would jump at the chance to be reunited with his former Ajax team-mate Jan Vertonghen at Spurs should they make an approach.

"Tottenham are a great club," the Ajax midfielder told Danish newspaper BT. "I know from Vertonghen that it is a good club which is interesting. But there has not been any contact.

"I do not know if I am going to leave Ajax. We'll find out in two weeks. There are to my knowledge no negotiations right now either with a new club or Ajax. If there is a good approach (from another club), I see as an opportunity to try something new, but if nothing comes, I do not mind staying."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back