Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm positive we don't have that money, but it seems evident that Martinez is not going to be caught short on deadline day when Moyes comes calling with his £20m bid for Felliani.

As it stands now we need at least one additional midfielder, when Felliani goes we will need at least two (probably three) midfielders.

It's highly likely that these deals are being queued up like planes in a holding pattern waiting for Moyes to stop dithering and finally put a bid in. This is evidently something that Moyes didn't do when he was at the helm.

Really? Not according to this... http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...em-that-reveals-david-moyes-mind-8756011.html

Very interesting read IMO. I was as frustrated as any Blue with his apparent dithering, but maybe it was as simple as the Board not being able to deliver the targets he really wanted and he was loathed to move on with our limited resources to lesser targets. That would seem to be the same pattern at Manure now, even though the resources are not an issue.

He also had a pretty poor record when spending relatively big money (for us) - especially on strikers who came in and did well but faded rather too quickly - Beattie, Johnson, Yak etc... not to mention other positions like Kroldrup, Billy etc... so maybe the Board confidence waned towards the end, especially when he didn't look like signing a long-term contract. He was far better at bringing in the likes of Cahill, Coleman and suchlike and improving them - perhaps that says more for his man-management style than prowess in the transfer market.

Be interesting to see how it goes now with Roberto - there's nothing particularly risk in the business we've already done, players the Board know he knows well and a loan. It might be a different story when he knocks on the door with the name of an unknown South American prospect he fancies us taking a punt on.

Just to clarify one thing: there are few kinds of transfers, all cash, some cash + installments, no cash only installments, ect.ect.

We can bid 13M for a player (and maybe sign him) that doesn't mean we had 13M or spent 13M, the deal could easily be 3M upfront and the rest based on installments

So when people quote about a bid we made in the past to a player and it wasn't successful (Negredo for example) it doesn't necessarily mean we had 13M (or whatever the offer was) and consider that we should have the 13M since the transfer didn't happen.

We didn't pay 15M upfront for Fellaini for example, we didn't have the 15M, it was with installments which we kept paying till last/this year

Each transfer has its own circumstances, a club desperate for cash can sell a 10M worth player for 5M if it was all cash, another club might be tempted to sell it's 12M worth player for 15M even if it was on installments over 5 years, usually when a transfer is "undisclosed" its because there are few installments involved in it.

So do yourself a favor and stop calculating how much money we spent and how much money we still have, I am pretty sure we didn’t pay all upfront for Kone, it was done in installments, we should have money without selling anyone and we can easily sign a player for 15M with 2-3M upfront and the rest on installments, but such player should become available, his club ready to sell, we should be interested in him and should be interested in signing a player in his position.

As for our transfer activity and what’s to come: Bill and Martinez were expecting Fellaini’s sale for the reported 20+M, it didn’t happen and won’t happen (most probably) that’s why we strengthened all the areas apart from CM, Fellaini’s sale was supposed to take care of the CM.

If Fellaini stays, we will still be short in CM position, specially that Gibson is injury prone, I expect couple of signings (could be lone) toward the end of the window simply because signing couple of CMs now as backup but then selling Feallini and signing couple of CMs will be a bad business, if Fellaini stays, we will need coupld of CMs as backup, if he goes, we will need and have the money to couple of first team CMs.

I am actually. Baines is deffo staying, and I think Fellaini would already have been sold if there were any clubs after him.

I think Baines will stay but I'm thinking Man Utd will eventually make a bid for Fellaini and we'll accept it as long as it's over 20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back