Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dislike when people say this. the buyout clause doesn't stop a club from accepting a lower bid, it simply takes away the club's negotiating stance to get more. ANY club could have bid below the clause at any time, waiting for it to expire would mean that they(the board) would likely ask for more.

You can look at it in one of two ways.
By waiting for any clause to have lapsed, it takes away Everton's negotiating position to ask for more money than the buying club wish to pay.
It all comes down to how much do Everton need to sell?

I'm of the opinion that they need to sell someone for £20m+ in order to improve/expand the squad. Felliani equates to 2 or 3 new players (or 1 or 2 additions to the existing squad numbers which are the same as a thin squad last season)

You really think we had 13m for Negredo?

Is that the same Negredo that moved to City for 24m?

I bet Sevilla are still laughing.

I think he moved to City for £20m and they would have paid a premium because of who they are. Sevilla were supposedly hard up before they sold Navas, so maybe we were trying it on a bit? Given how the Fer deal ended up it could well have been a phantom bid. We do have form for it.

I think he moved to City for £20m and they would have paid a premium because of who they are. Sevilla were supposedly hard up before they sold Navas, so maybe we were trying it on a bit? Given how the Fer deal ended up it could well have been a phantom bid. We do have form for it.
Oh not this **** again....

Last edited:

Just watching the Irish game against Wales have to say McCarthy is playing well and can see why Martinez is eager!! I certainly wouldn't like to pay the reported fee that Wigan want but in all honesty he is going to be some player!! alot of energy, gets the foot in can pass the ball around only weakness for me is he wouldn't be the tallest!!

Fourth Official on Twitter seems adamant that we have money left to spend, £13m in fact and that we haven't spent more cos were trying to shift players out first on loan to free up more wages. He also claims that were getting quoted very high fees for the players we want and he doesn't expect us to sign players till the very last few days. Says we definitely want a CB and by the sounds of it we want a midfielder.

Now I don't know what to believe cos FO is usually quite reliable. He called everyone of our signings this summer and when we'd sign em. I know we knew about Kone & Alcaraz and had a feeling for Joel once stories were coming out but Deulofeu, nobody had a clue and he called it. He does get things wrong but more aften than not, he knows his stuff.

Even THT thinks we'll sign a couple of players before the window shuts so lets wait and see aye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back