Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
back on topic it's knobby that the window shuts after the start of the season. I still think we'll get a midfielder or 2 though, I just can't see Martinez settling for gibson, osman, barkley and fellaini being our only senior midfielders.

I'm suprised there has been little action this window for Jay Rodriguez!

7-8 million tops...40,000 max wages...talented young english player with a big future he'd definately worthy of a punt if there is cash still floating about?

He could certainly hold down the right wing and allow Mirallas to play a more Central Attacking Role?

Jordan Rhodes also has been very quiet this window?? I know Newcastle showed some interest...but surely we are a more appealing option? Again around the same $$ mark as Rodriguez and could fulfill a similar role?

I'm suprised there has been little action this window for Jay Rodriguez!

7-8 million tops...40,000 max wages...talented young english player with a big future he'd definately worthy of a punt if there is cash still floating about?

He could certainly hold down the right wing and allow Mirallas to play a more Central Attacking Role?

Jordan Rhodes also has been very quiet this window?? I know Newcastle showed some interest...but surely we are a more appealing option? Again around the same $$ mark as Rodriguez and could fulfill a similar role?

They both cost about £8-9m.

Both have got better.

Ergo, would both now be around the £15m mark.

They both cost about £8-9m.

Both have got better.

Ergo, would both now be around the £15m mark.

bit overblown that mate even in todays climate. don't think either will be significantly greater than what was paid. Rodriguez needs polishing and Rhodes is unproven in the prem not worth the risk for that kind of money.

bit overblown that mate even in todays climate. don't think either will be significantly greater than what was paid. Rodriguez needs polishing and Rhodes is unproven in the prem not worth the risk for that kind of money.

They are young and British.

Saints have no reason to sell one of their decent youngsters so can ask what they want.

Rhodes is Blackburns best player by about 18 miles so would cost a lot. He cost them £8m I think and has continued to score at a decent rate. They would want more than they paid.

Edit:

Although I do agree that I wouldn't want either player at Everton matter what price.

They are young and British.

Saints have no reason to sell one of their decent youngsters so can ask what they want.

Rhodes is Blackburns best player by about 18 miles so would cost a lot. He cost them £8m I think and has continued to score at a decent rate. They would want more than they paid.

Edit:

Although I do agree that I wouldn't want either player at Everton matter what price.

that's the point right there, why British youngsters are being frozen out of the top flight because they cost far too much. We can all moan about foreigners but it's the clubs that are causing the influx with their exorbitant prices.

I have a liking for Rodriguez but it will do him good to stay put for a while. Not sure about Rhodes not seen enough of him but I know he's prolific in the Championship *cough* Brett Angell *cough*

that's the point right there, why British youngsters are being frozen out of the top flight because they cost far too much. We can all moan about foreigners but it's the clubs that are causing the influx with their exorbitant prices.

I have a liking for Rodriguez but it will do him good to stay put for a while. Not sure about Rhodes not seen enough of him but I know he's prolific in the Championship *cough* Brett Angell *cough*

That's exactly what I mean. The lads mentioned are British so will cost an absolute fortune. I imagine that's why they cost a lot for their current club.

Yeah true enough. Do you think we will sign anyone else Ijjy?

I'm by no means ITK mate, but all indications show that unless we sell someone we won't be signing anyone, and i've seen nothing to make me think otherwise.

I've seen people mention loans and stuff, but I can't even see that at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back